Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resoleing White's Bounty Hunter slightly wider?

mboon85

New in Town
I have a pair of black bullhide bounty hunters I bought around 2018. I ordered them in 11.5D as I had a pair of semi dresses in that size. However, the SDs were CXL and stretched around me. I never noticed. The bullhide doesn't stretch at all, obviously.

Whenever I email bakers or whites I tend to ask like, two questions. Then they reply answering 1/2 of one question.

Here are the BHSs and a down shot of the SDs to show you how wide my left foot is.

Can they be resoled wider? The vamp is double stitched. Am I better off just selling them on here? I was looking at some Wesco Engineer boots in 11E. These are 11.5D. Brannock device has never seemed that helpful to me. I think I'm an 11D on them, but I wear sneakers that are 12 and D is obviously way too narrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1042.JPG
    IMG_1042.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 51

js0930

New in Town
You can have them stretched in width or if it’s beyond stretching Whites can rebuild them up a width. I had a pair of 9.5Es turned into a 9D and a 10D - it’s not cheap but it is an option.

Nacho

Practically Family
You’re better off selling it and buy the Wesco. Trust me. I’m a cobbler.

For a bullhide that thick, it won’t stretch at all. Resoling won’t do anything but creating more problems for you. The only way to fix it is to re-last and start from scratch which is costly and might not turn out well.

Nacho

Practically Family
this is the sort of authority I needed. thanks. the bullhide look amazing but man I should have had whites measure me first.
Yeah dude. I always tell my customers to buy the correct size right from the get-go. That way, they save themselves a lot of headaches.

Don’t waste anymore money on this pair man!

Last edited:

mboon85

New in Town
Yeah dude. I always tell my customers to buy the right size. That way, they save themselves a lot of headaches.

Don’t waste anymore money on this pair man!
are you a boot maker or does a cobbler just work on already manufactured shoes?

Nacho

Practically Family
are you a boot maker or does a cobbler just work on already manufactured shoes?
I do both.

Usually, you start as a cobbler then work your way to become a boot maker. That’s what my path is. Brian the boot maker is also another example.

But you can jump right into boot making if you’d like. You’re gonna struggle mastering all the skills you could’ve learned if you started as a cobbler, but it’s gonna be alright after a while.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy