Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ribbons...

cco23i

A-List Customer
EXACTLY, for a valor medal that's the only way. We had one fellow come up and jump our lead armorer for his 2 purple hearts, so Murph showed him his paperwork for his being awarded them in 71 for being shot once and blown up the second time, yup, the fellow shut his mouth and walked away.

Scott

416rigby

New in Town
Some truths

Cardigan, one may find that there are some "laws" that may not be on the books but are regularly enforced on the streets and one of those in my world is the Stolen Valor Act! Our WWII Fathers and Grandfathers are usually quite tolerent of bad taste in the relm of flag etiquette, wearing of uniforms and other things done in the name of "Patriotisum", while still being proud of seeing things done right.

It is well known that us Vietnam Vets are not a tolerent bunch as a rule. Our sons and daughters, volunteer warrious all, that have fought the endless "war aginst -- you name it" tend to be touchy about "wantabees" also. Their world is harder to read because of the ages involved and the widespread wearing of every imaginable pattern of "camo-- BDUs"

If one is dressed the part, be it a full or part uniform, or just the subtle ribbon on a hat, I reach out my right hand, left going to their shoulder and say quietly, face to face "welcome home, thank you for your service"regardless of what era they are aluding to. The look in their eyes, and the feel of their hand, will almost always tell the tale.

2010001800600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24