Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roaring 20s Murder Mystery Dinner

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Cool. Now that sounds like fun!

Toby does WWII, late 1800's and Vietnam. We will be going to Ft. Concho next month, I believe that is consider more Indian Wars stuff (the clothes are not nearly as flattering for women! :( ) I've done Civil War to late 1800's and 40's.

He does look like Dennis Quaid.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Well, we had so much fun last year, we had a 2nd annual murder mystery last Saturday night. We had several of the same people attend, as well as a few new ones. Everyone looked great and it was a lot of fun! We have moved since last year, and now have a garage. My husband transformed it into a speakeasy. We had whiskey barrels and wood planks for the bar, several old tables, and 20s music playing.
MichelleTommy.jpg

Marcie.jpg

4deuces2007012bw.jpg

4deuces2007007bw.jpg

4deuces2007010bw.jpg

4deuces2007049.jpg

texasgirl

One Too Many
So we had our 3rd annual Murder Mystery party last Saturday. It was so much fun! We moved to a new house, so no garage speakeasy, but we did a few new things too.

We have no furniture in our dining room yet, so we made that into a theater. My mother-in-law has a video projector, so we played silent movies.
IMG_2527-1.jpg
IMG_2583.jpg

I made a couple walls of "celebrity" autographs for those who had visited the club
IMG_2591.jpg

We did mugshots of everyone since we were all suspects! After I saw the pictures, I wish I had thought to put a height chart on the wall behind us- well maybe next year
100_3191.jpg
100_3174.jpg

Girl Friday was our cigarette girl! She did a fabulous job with it!
IMG_2598.jpg
100_3193.jpg

And here's a group photo of everyone and one of me and Les
IMG_2539-1.jpg
IMG_2540-1.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Looking great, as ever, Texasgirl! The dress and cloche obviously went perfectly together - love those rich colours. And there are some fantastic ideas there - makes me want to go right out and throw a party just like it!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Thanks Mojito and RBH! It really was a lot of fun. Saw some of our friends at a Cowboy game dinner party the other night and they were still talking about it!

Just for reference, here's a couple of the sites I've used for the materials. The kits are very comprehensive with everything from name tags, to fake money, to award certificates- they give you everything you need and detailed instructions!

https://www.nightofmystery.com/index.php

http://www.dinnerandamurder.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn