Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Royal Stetson Deluxe... (Now with photos)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here is my latest capture from the Isle of e-bay. Netted without too much struggle.;)

8e_12.JPG

59_12.JPG

7b_0.JPG

8a_12.JPG

3b_12.JPG

90_12.JPG

I'm guessing that it may need a little cleaning judging by the brim binding and the yellowed bow inside the hat. Looks to be the previous wearer used hair product or had slick head of Sicilian hair like my pop. Either way it's a nice looking lid and will make a wonderful addition to the collection. It should clean up quite nice.
Now all I'll need is a dark suit, polkadot bow tie and a big cigar.;)
churchill2.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DanielJones said:
I'm guessing that it may need a little cleaning judging by the brim binding and the yellowed bow inside the hat. Looks to be the previous wearer used hair product or had slick head of Sicilian hair like my pop.

That liner looks pretty clean to me.
Might not need cleaning. Judging from the
fact that the tag describing the lining is intact, I
don't think this thing saw a lot of wear.

The liner tag seems to read, "The lining in this hat
is rayon satin of ...". This is an interesting clue in
dating the hat. I have never seen such a tag before.
Why would they make a point of this? Because the lining
is not made of silk, which was in use for the war effort,
and they wanted the buyer to know they were supporting
the war. I'd say you can be confident you have an early
1940s homburg. That's my guess, anyway.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Very interesting Feltfan. That is a very strong and valid possibility you have there. I will keep that in mind when I check to see what else is lurking under the leather. Thank you for that heads-up.:)
When I have it here I'll post a clearer shot of the tag if possable.

Cheers!

Dan

analogist

One of the Regulars
It just ain't fair..

Dan;

That is a really swell hat, however since I live much closer to Irvington NJ than you do , you might be forced to send it to me should I claim the right of eminent domain. Enjoy it!

analogist

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Alas, poor analogist, it is nowhere near New Jersey.:(
Sorry old bean, but you might have snagged it in transit and have been a very stylish cat. Actually, Jersey Jones is right in Irvington so he may have snagged it before you.:eek: ;) :p
But if it goes astray I'll know who to talk to.;)

Cheers!

Dan

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a cool lid, I was watching it and hoping a Lounger would get it. Actually, my very first Homburg is very similar to this one, a grey Royal DeLuxe with the little wind string. Mine wasn't a St. Regis, though, I guess that's a cut above a regular Royal DeLuxe. :)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Sorry, I've been sick for the past few days and wasn't exactly in good photographic form. I'll get some shots to post soon. I know how we all love pictures, but best to take a good picture than to look like Death munching on a cracker under a fine hat.;)

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here's The Stetson Royal Deluxe Homburg. Sorry about taking so long to get around to these.

IG053.jpg

IG046.jpg

My Sicilian relatives back east would be proud. I look like I shoud be having a pasta supper with Don Corleone.;) "I'll make you an offer you can't refuse." This is another that is a total joy to wear and have fun with.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I have to say I was supprised it looked well on me.:rolleyes: When I first tried it on I had a denim shirt on and wasn't too sure about it. Once I got some nicer clothing on it fit well. My Pop says for the exception of the chin wiskers I look like my Great Grandfather. That felt pretty good.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltqt