Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rundown of 30's & 40's Shoes

Novella

Practically Family

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, everyone! The shoes I posted make up about 1/3 of my collection--I post the rest soon :)

Novella--Vintage Laundry is just a division of Chinese Laundry. I've had a couple of pairs of their shoes and they are pretty nice. My coworker has two pairs of these shoes and they look adorable (they are actually a copy of a much more expensive Peter Fox style):

http://www.vintagelaundry.com/indShoe.asp?id=217&sess=073006910143981912

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I need to take pictures of some of my shoes!

ITG said:
I picked these up this weekend at Target. I loved the heel and thought they had a nice 40s/pinup pump flair to them. Not the most comfortable but hey, they're cute! I like the more chunky heel and thicker looking sole than the skinny ones that are sometimes found on vintage inspired modern ones. When I shop for vintage style shoes, I look at the heel first and if I don't like the heel, I move on; as a result I haven't bought too many modern vintage style shoes.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...8?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BAWLJM

I bought those in brown and in black. You're right, they aren't super comfortable, but they look really great! The stores are apparently selling out of them quick. It took me about 6 weeks to find a size 6 in black!

Target also has some cute peeptoe wedgies. I've tried them on but haven't purchased:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...8?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BD7QP8

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
This is just terrible!

I have never really been 'into' shoes to any great extent. I have always just bought rather cheap shoes and then treated them as throw aways when they hurt or I didn't like them after all.

All these posts with such great shoes are making me change my mind and is sure to cost my pocketbook!

Denise...off browsing at Zappos.....

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Novella said:
Oh, those are so cute!!

Has anyone ever bought any shoes from the brand vintage laundry? I really like the pair called jive, but I haven't decided whether or not to buy it yet.
Those are so cute. I really like the Honour and Mickey styles too. Does anyone know how comfortable Vintage Laundry's shoes are? Comfort is a big issue with me and heels.

fortworthgal said:
Target also has some cute peeptoe wedgies. I've tried them on but haven't purchased:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...8?_encoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BD7QP8

I have to ask: Did you try these on and how comfortable were these?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After ordering a few pairs, I realized tha I think this vintage laundry brand is a devision of Chinese Laundry. I have a few pairs of these shoes, they tend to be very high in height, but they do break in well. So, if they are made by the same company, for high heels, the comfort level isn't bad. I did order a 1/2 size up, so I could fit Dr. Scholls messaging gel inserts. A foot saver for anyone who plans to wear heels for more than an hour. Highly recommend them.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
What do you ladies think of these shoes? Do they look 30's to you? I think they are more 20's (can be ordered with a Louis heel), but I am frothing at the mouth. Are they worth 85 Euros?

dfflordelys.jpg

I think so.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
ITG said:
I have to ask: Did you try these on and how comfortable were these?

I tried them on for about 2 seconds just to see how they would look on my foot. I didn't stand up or walk around in them, so I have no idea how comfortable they would be. Sorry! The one thing I did notice is that the back strap is elastic but it didn't look to be very tight, so you may need to go down a size in order to get it to fit properly and have the back strap actually hug your ankle. Does that make sense?

Novella

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
After ordering a few pairs, I realized tha I think this vintage laundry brand is a devision of Chinese Laundry. I have a few pairs of these shoes, they tend to be very high in height, but they do break in well. So, if they are made by the same company, for high heels, the comfort level isn't bad. I did order a 1/2 size up, so I could fit Dr. Scholls messaging gel inserts. A foot saver for anyone who plans to wear heels for more than an hour. Highly recommend them.

Which pairs did you end up ordering? When you get them it would be great if you'd post a bit on what they're like. I've been keeping my eye out for them in department stores but I haven't had any luck yet.

I have a few pairs of heels that it wouldn't hurt to add the Dr. Scholls inserts to, but they're already a pretty snug fit. Do you always buy a slightly bigger shoe when you plan on putting the inserts in?

Daisy Buchanan

Novella said:
Which pairs did you end up ordering? When you get them it would be great if you'd post a bit on what they're like. I've been keeping my eye out for them in department stores but I haven't had any luck yet.

I have a few pairs of heels that it wouldn't hurt to add the Dr. Scholls inserts to, but they're already a pretty snug fit. Do you always buy a slightly bigger shoe when you plan on putting the inserts in?
Hi
I will definitely post what I think about the shoes. I do hope they are comfortable.
I always buy a half size bigger. The inserts are kind of bulky, and I have a foot swelling problem too, so if my shoes are loose in the morning, they should fit after a few hours of walking. The second pair is more 50's, but I liked the low heel.
These are the pairs I got..
http://www.vintagelaundry.com/indShoe.asp?id=217&sess=07310627143983185
http://www.vintagelaundry.com/indShoe.asp?id=1232&sess=07310627143983185
http://www.vintagelaundry.com/indShoe.asp?id=277&sess=07310627143983185

Daisy Buchanan

decodoll said:
I just won these on ebay. :) I need more shoeboxes.... and closet space!

c6_1.JPG
Those are so adorable Decodoll. And it looks as though the heel is the perfect height, not so high, like a lot of the ones I've seen lately.

I just got these in the mail today from Naturalizer, and I am very happy with them. Not only are they very comfortable, but the leather is incredibly soft, and they have rubber soles, which makes them easier to walk in. To make it even better, they were only $20.70 US, don't remember what shipping was, but don't think it was all that much. Highly recommend them.

carolinagirl

New in Town
decodoll said:
I just won these on ebay. :) I need more shoeboxes.... and closet space!

c6_1.JPG

OMG! I love those! I have been attempting to acquire a pair like those for a year! Please let me know if they don't fit. I'll take them off your hands!

decodoll

Practically Family
carolinagirl said:
OMG! I love those! I have been attempting to acquire a pair like those for a year! Please let me know if they don't fit. I'll take them off your hands!

Well....I'm really, really hoping they fit me! However, I will keep you in mind if that unfortunate circumstance presents itself! :)

Daisy Buchanan

Daisy Buchanan said:
Hi
I will definitely post what I think about the shoes. I do hope they are comfortable.
I always buy a half size bigger. The inserts are kind of bulky, and I have a foot swelling problem too, so if my shoes are loose in the morning, they should fit after a few hours of walking. The second pair is more 50's, but I liked the low heel.
These are the pairs I got..
http://www.vintagelaundry.com/indShoe.asp?id=217&sess=07310627143983185
http://www.vintagelaundry.com/indShoe.asp?id=1232&sess=07310627143983185
http://www.vintagelaundry.com/indShoe.asp?id=277&sess=07310627143983185

I just got these shoes in the mail today. I am very happy with the Jive and Lucky, but probably gonna send the Honour's back. Both the first two pairs I mentioned are super cute. They will take a bit to break them in but the heel heights are perfect, and they have a nice amount of stretch to them. I walked around in both pairs, and although the Lucky are a bit tight (my feet are usually swollen by this time of day, so they wouldn't be tight on people without swelling), both pairs are comfortable and should break in nicely. The Honour's do not have as much stretch to them, and they are higher than I realized. Also, the platform toe does not lay flat on the ground, and this drives me nuts. I can really only see myself wearing them out to dinner. Not for any event that would involve standing for more than 10 minutes. But, I have crummy feet and am rarely comfortable in heels. That's why I was pleasantly surprised at the heel comfort of the other two pairs. I got the Jive in burgundy, and they are really cute. All three pairs are very well made. So, I'm happy with the two pairs and the overall quality of the brand. But, if you're not comfortable in heels, don't get the Honour. Between the larger platform and the 3 inch heel, they are tough to walk in.

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
WOW

Ladies, these pictures are making me want to go shopping...........thankfully for my bank balance, the sites are American, so that makes life easier or harder....depending how you look at it!!!!!!!!!!1 ;) I love to see your collection Jitterbug Doll - they are lovely. Sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran