Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saddle Oxfords

Barry

Practically Family
Alden Suede/Calf Combo at www.leathersoulhawaii.com

sad2.jpg

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Finally picked up my Saddles...

Loungers,

I finally picked up my Oxfords a few days ago from Nordstroms and they are just spectacular. Has anyone else tried the Kwik Suede Protectant before? If so, does it work well?

FG.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK, I've got a really really good pair, oxblood and black Florsheims, my favorite shoes ever, Fedoragent has seen them and so have a few of the rest of you, so I just need to figure out how to put a picture of them on the Lounge as I have not been yet successful in downloading photos onto our site. Call me techno-loser (come on, it's CHARMING) --

rockyj

One of the Regulars
Great pictures

I have one pair of two tone brown (I think they call it the "Graduate") but I really like what I've seen here on this Thread. I'll look into buy a summer pair

MAGNAVERDE

New in Town
This thread was already a few weeks old when I first spotted it, but I still managed to pick up 2 pair of those sweet saddle bucks at the begining of the thread, and they're great. I could hardly believe the price.

But I had to come back to add this note because this afternoon, it was raining cats & dogs, and, of course, this had to be the day I left my umbrella sitting in my front hall, so I had to cab over to Brooks Brothers to get another one, and the young guy who helped me asked me where I got my shoes, so I told him to come here (he'd never heard of the place) and I figured pulling this up to near the top of the pile might give him a better chance at finding it. Good luck, Brian, and I hope they still have your size. Everyone else, as you were.

dundeedavie

One of the Regulars
been after a good pair of saddle shoes for a long , long time

finally i have just picked up a pair of Church's off the Bay £30 , i'll wait till they arrive before i comment on quality etc but with church's you can never go wrong and i feel they will be a welcome addition to my already HUGE shoe collection :D

need nice patent leather shoes for my spats now , i wear them with antique high-polished boots at the moment

carter

I'll Lock Up
vincentferrari on EBay usually has a good selection of shoes in my size 10 B-D. I've actually puurchased about a dozen pair of Allen Edmonds and Johnston & Murphy at very reasonable prices. I also set-up individual searches for Crockett & Jones, Alden, John Lobb, Edward Green, and Grenson. This way, every time a new item from the shoemaker is offered, I receive email notification. Nothing major yet but some of the work is done for you. The thing to remember is that shoes in the UK are listed a size smaller (UK 9 = US 10).

cookie

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
vincentferrari on EBay usually has a good selection of shoes in my size 10 B-D. I've actually puurchased about a dozen pair of Allen Edmonds and Johnston & Murphy at very reasonable prices. I also set-up individual searches for Crockett & Jones, Alden, John Lobb, Edward Green, and Grenson. This way, every time a new item from the shoemaker is offered, I receive email notification. Nothing major yet but some of the work is done for you. The thing to remember is that shoes in the UK are listed a size smaller (UK 9 = US 10).

The other thing to remember is that going up 1/2 size in the UK fitting is not going up 1/2 again but a wide version of the whole size.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I just scored on the spectators below. $3 from Goodwill. They are Bostonians, hardly used with nice clean leather and canvas. Also got the saddleshoes for $3. I'm so excited! :D

dressshoes.jpg

Highlander

A-List Customer
In my college days it was DEXTER Varsity Saddle Oxfords, and they are unavailable now. But my Johnston and Murphy's (esp burgundy with black saddle, the OWEN
1_22396_FS.jpg
) are my wardrobe staple.

ChazVanEyck

New in Town
Ok, I just purchased the pair from Shoemall.com as well, and they arrived today. Great shoe and great fit, only trouble is, I'm having a hard time finding what colors go best with them, especially pants. The shoes are bone/navy. Any suggestion? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo