Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Safari gear...

L. C. Lawrence

New in Town
Each time I go I try and find classic style gear. Having a great deal of trouble with tall boots that don't blister when on long stalks (think lion), and pants that will not end up in shreds and don't have (help me) pink details... Many of the outdoor gear companies that offer great items for men seem to have completely non-functional items for ladies. Sizes don't usually go small enough to just get a mans small...

Canadian

One of the Regulars
Any good shop where the good ol boys are hanging around, shooting the breeze and wearing Carhartt or DIckies is a prime spot. There are dozens of different socioeconomic groups which wear rough clothing. My suggestion, if you can find it is Wrangler khakis and an army surplus safari shirt. Another option is a farm supply shop. My sister, who lives on an acreage (and her two kids) all wear rougher clothing than one would find at Le Chateau, designed for riding, hiking and adventures. We've got a local shop called UFA which stocks everything from horse antibiotics through Roper boots and shirts and pants for cowboys. Not entirely denim.

Thomas

Rathdown

Practically Family
I personally never wear new boots in the field, preferring to gradually break them in over a period of weeks, sometimes even months. The same is true of my hunting clothes-- shirts, trousers, short pants, socks and underwear, are all "field tested" at home before I ever head out hunting.

If you are actually going on safari to Africa you should probably write to your outfitter/guide for assistance, or check out the advertisers in SAFARI Magazine. In any event, I'd suggest you buy your clothes several months before you leave so you can break them in before you set off on your first day's hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo