Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Francisco Vintage Hat Shoppers

TaxMan1

One of the Regulars
I'll be in your fine city for a couple days shortly. Many of you talk of the fine used hats you find in little shops around town. If you have enough hats, and you'd be willing to share your source(s) with me, and I was sworn to secrecy,
would you give me some addresses to look up? We can keep this to PM?! I'll only snag 1-2, so it shouldn't cut into your availability too much?! ;)
Thanks in advance!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What size are you?

The larger sizes are usually found on Nob Hill, with the smaller ones down the Embarcadero:p

I have no clue. It is kind of like predicting when something neat will show up on ebay.

What size hat do you wear? I am downsizing. What are you specifically looking for?

TaxMan1

One of the Regulars
Andykev said:
The larger sizes are usually found on Nob Hill, with the smaller ones down the Embarcadero:p

I have no clue. It is kind of like predicting when something neat will show up on ebay.

What size hat do you wear? I am downsizing. What are you specifically looking for?

7 1/4 and I'll know it when I see it? I'm staying around Union Square and will be schlepping up to Nob Hill daily.

TaxMan1

One of the Regulars
Andy, you seeing any straws out there? When I was there last week, I had taken a felt, which was kinda good as it was cool/cold. 'Course, it kept blowing off anyway. But, the couple fellas that I did see with hats had felt, too.

Gee, I actually avoid SF as much as I can so I don't have any sources for you. There's not that much over on this side of the bay anymore either since Art went north. :eusa_doh:
I am guessing that a look through a few antique shops around the area might turn something up. [huh]

Regards,

J

PapaSimone

Familiar Face
I'm a bit new to vintage hat enthusiasm but I am an enthusiast! I go to two place because they are two blocks from my apartment. They may be a bit expensive being on the upper haight but I've gotten a Royal Stetson, Dobbs Gay Prince and Resistol Fedoras that I like just fine. These two places are:

La Rosa
1543 Haight Street
Vintage ladies/ men

and
hmm, well it is brand new and across the street from La Rosa and is called something like "centuries of fashion" no mention of it when I searched for it on the web but it has some fun things (to my untrained eye)
Hope this is of use.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
When you come into town...

When you come into town, give me a call (PM and I'll send you my number) and we can hit up the vintage stores. It would be a pleasure taking one of the other Loungers out and I'd figure that Doran would be up for it as well. Perhaps Sefton as well.

FG.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
One other thing.

TaxMan1 said:
I'll be in your fine city for a couple days shortly. Many of you talk of the fine used hats you find in little shops around town. If you have enough hats, and you'd be willing to share your source(s) with me, and I was sworn to secrecy,
would you give me some addresses to look up? We can keep this to PM?! I'll only snag 1-2, so it shouldn't cut into your availability too much?! ;)
Thanks in advance!

I'm going to be posting the June event for the Norcal Fedora Lounge crowd. The hint here is that one of the events (a three part event this month) will be for the men. This will take us to the stash of a vintage broker here in San Francisco who stores all of his vintage goods in Burlingame. More on this tomorrow. And yes, he has a boat load of hats.

FG.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
PapaSimone said:
I'm a bit new to vintage hat enthusiasm but I am an enthusiast! I go to two place because they are two blocks from my apartment. They may be a bit expensive being on the upper haight but I've gotten a Royal Stetson, Dobbs Gay Prince and Resistol Fedoras that I like just fine. These two places are:

La Rosa
1543 Haight Street
Vintage ladies/ men

and
hmm, well it is brand new and across the street from La Rosa and is called something like "centuries of fashion" no mention of it when I searched for it on the web but it has some fun things (to my untrained eye)
Hope this is of use.

You're speaking of Decades of Fashion owned by Cicely and it's waaaayyy over priced.

FG.

RedPop4

One Too Many
Hey, Stan,
don't forget your bestest buddy if you find a nice brown, or tan fedora or two at a good price. I'll have a check book with me when I get to Clearwater on Monday night, so keep me in mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy