Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scarves

Alsek

New in Town
I'm curious to know how many of you wear scarves. I'm currently in Texas where it's snowed and hasn't been above freezing for the past two days, and the value of a nice warm scarf properly worn has become... Quite apparent.

I have a nice medium gray alpaca scarf myself. I think that it's complimenting my topcoat and fedora quite nicely. How about you gentlemen?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Have a look over in the 'Show us your scarves' thread. There aren't many of us posting in the thread, but there are a few enthusiasts (who tend to be British or Canadian). And you'll see some beautiful patterns.

Randy

Familiar Face
I'm wearing one today, as I usually do starting in Autumn and going to Spring when it gets too warm. I don't often see them on men these days, but I've been wearing them regularly for about 30 years or so and wouldn't be without one when it's cold out.

- Randy

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
Up here in the great white North, a scarf is an essential item of clothing when the temperature dips below freezing. In fact, it's quite common here for men to wear scarves during the winter. Of course, there's some men who enjoy wearing them not only for functional reasons, but also as fashion accessories. I have a nice reversible German-made wool scarf that goes with pretty well all my wool coats.

The only time I find it's not necessary to wear a scarf is when it's so cold that I end up wearing a ski coat, where the style or cut of the coat doesn't permit the comfortable wearing of a scarf. On my ski coat, the collar is high and comes right up to the chin so a scarf isn't even necessary.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I took a census and realized that I have about 7 or 8, only one of which I wear on a regular basis. I should branch out more. My regular one is a cheap but serviceable red plaid acrylic. But I have a couple other utilitarian cheapo acrylics, a white silk for fancy schmancy times, and a couple nice vintage rayon ones, that don't get near as much use as they deserve.

DamianM

Vendor
I wear a scarf as well.

A paisley rayon scarf when its not to cold but its just nice and a couple plaid wools when its nessesary.

It actually does compliment a tie and Fedora real well. I wear mine tucked under the neck and chest of the coat.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I mostly wear scarves with outerwear in cooler climes. They keep my neck warm and my coat collars clean and in good repair.

Plus: they look good.....;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff