Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SCHOTT 618 Belt Buckle Snap Install

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Just got back from Jerri over at Schott Repair Dept my 618. I had them install a snap to hold the buckle. Like my 626 in last picture. Cost was $50.00 took only 3 Days to get back. Jerri is so nice and helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_5570.jpeg
    IMG_5570.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5571.jpeg
    IMG_5571.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5572.jpeg
    IMG_5572.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5507.jpeg
    IMG_5507.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5524.jpeg
    IMG_5524.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 109

Nacho

Practically Family
Just got back from Jerri over at Schott Repair Dept my 618. I had them install a snap to hold the buckle. Like my 626 in last picture. Cost was $50.00 took only 3 Days to get back. Jerri is so nice and helpful.
Nice jacket, Peter. I like the brass hardware on black leather. Jerri is always helpful. She sent me a free set of stars a while back. Couldn’t be any happier with Schott’s customer service.

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
Nice jacket, Peter. I like the brass hardware on black leather. Jerri is always helpful. She sent me a free set of stars a while back. Couldn’t be any happier with Schott’s customer service.
Hi Thank You. I know the Jacket looks Black but it is a Dark Brown Leather.
I have sent a few of my Schott Jackets to Jerri for Repair and Custom Items like Real Fur Collars.

Edward

Bartender
It's so even if you don't have the belt fastened, the buckle doesn't come down and hit your gas tank.

I get the practical appeal but I'm shallow so I dislike it for aesthetic reasons (the floating buckle looks weird lol).

The look doesn't bother me, but I can certainly get why it does some. In particular, though, it appeals to me as it takes the strain off the stitching on the belt loop by having the buckle weight hang against it when the jacket is worn open a lot.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The look doesn't bother me, but I can certainly get why it does some. In particular, though, it appeals to me as it takes the strain off the stitching on the belt loop by having the buckle weight hang against it when the jacket is worn open a lot.

In my case, I generally wear it done up, but if I don't, I want it to hang like Johnny Ramone rather than stay floating in the air.

Head of the repair/alterations department at Schott. Amazing to work with. If you need something worked on, it's Jerri @schottnyc.com

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone have a direct email?

Did you end up ordering a jacket mod from her, Bfd?

It strikes me that this used to be a common thing. Like Barbour had what they called Department B to mod and add things to your jackets if you wanted. Back when I was a teenager I was going to have them add a belt to my Border. I wonder if they still do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner