Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 641HH

wclary

New in Town
I am fervently looking for a Brown Schott 641HH. I know they were once made in very limited quantity but if you have one/know anyone or anywhere that does, please let me know!

They're rare even in Steer. For the price the brown 641HH ought to go for, you might be better off going custom.

wclary

New in Town
They're rare even in Steer. For the price the brown 641HH ought to go for, you might be better off going custom.
Any suggestions for a quality leather worker who might be willing to take on this project or has similar items?

bluesforchallah

Practically Family

Any suggestions for a quality leather worker who might be willing to take on this project or has similar items?

What Monitor said...I'd consider a Langlitz Cascade, but I don't believe they work with Horsehide, I believe they're either steer or goat.

Here's a fine example... Of course, if you go custom rather than off the rack, you don't have to get the diamond padded elbows if you don't want.

DSC01747.jpg

DSC01750.jpg

I checked them out and although they are a bit pricier than Schott, I am very happy to say I'm going with a Langlitz Crescent. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

I'm really glad you've decided on Langlitz. There are other options to Schott out there; Aero, or course, Vanson, Johnson Leathers, the whole bunch of Japanese makers (tho these are borderline fashion brands from what I have been told), Good Wear, etc. but I seriously and honestly believe that Langlitz makes the best motorcycle leather jacket in the world which is something I have no doubt anyone who ever owned one can confirm. Vanson is of equal quality and so is Aero and in a single category, all of these makers have an edge but just that overall, in the combination of leather, quality, motorcycle functionality and attention to detail, Langlitz wins. For me, at least.

SJC

Suspended
I am fervently looking for a Brown Schott 641HH. I know they were once made in very limited quantity but if you have one/know anyone or anywhere that does, please let me know!
I got black which came off the press Sept 1st in NJ, I'll keep my eye out for you for brown on the websites. I only buy in person, but it's fun to look on Etsy . You never know what you may find.

Attachments

• 641HH.png
    641HH.png
    294 KB · Views: 471
I got black which came off the press Sept 1st in NJ, I'll keep my eye out for you for brown on the websites. I only buy in person, but it's fun to look on Etsy . You never know what you may find.
Freaking nice!

Reactions: SJC

SJC

Suspended
Freaking nice!
Thank You! I special ordered my size through LegendaryUSA, my favorite store for leather coats.I am very pleased with the 641HH, the feel, smell, quality, etc etc.

Attachments

• Schott 641HH (5).png
    Schott 641HH (5).png
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,003

wclary

New in Town
I'm really glad you've decided on Langlitz. There are other options to Schott out there; Aero, or course, Vanson, Johnson Leathers, the whole bunch of Japanese makers (tho these are borderline fashion brands from what I have been told), Good Wear, etc. but I seriously and honestly believe that Langlitz makes the best motorcycle leather jacket in the world which is something I have no doubt anyone who ever owned one can confirm. Vanson is of equal quality and so is Aero and in a single category, all of these makers have an edge but just that overall, in the combination of leather, quality, motorcycle functionality and attention to detail, Langlitz wins. For me, at least.

I mistyped and meant to write I'm going with the cascade, not the crescent. But when I contacted the company, the customer service alone sold me. The more I look into them, the better I feel about buying from them and knowing I'm supporting a small, American company. Furthermore, all of their products look immaculate online and I can't wait to see it in person! I'll probably be waiting about 2 months, but when I get it I'll try to post some pictures! Thanks again!

Manolito

Familiar Face
IMG_20230716_105209_420.jpg

I have not taken the chance to really wear my new 641HH 38.

But as I said in another thread, it looks to me exactly as the same leather as the 613SH. It is a very slim fitting jacket, it is supposed to be the same cut as the 641 steerhide, which is the same as the 141 but one size down.

The 641HH has a quilted lining for the body, much like the 613, 618, etc... perfectos. The classic 641 steerhide and the 141 have a simple poly liner, with a removable fake fur liner (removable liner that I don't like and never use with my 141 size 38).

The 641 is 25 inches long in the back and in the front. Very classic propotions for me. No problem. The jacket is slim around the body, but the footballs and the wide action back (wider on these cafe racers than on the perfecto) allow for a very confortable freedom of movement, quite surprising in fact ! In that, it is very simiilar to the 613/618 if you buy it to your true size. Very slim fitting, and still with a quasi complete freedom of movement. The Schott miracle !

The fact that it is slimmer than the 141 reduces the batwings effect that tends to happen in the back of the 141.

I have not worn the 641HH enough to express myself about ist pliability. But it has this abravise and almost kitsch shine that will get you noticed from far away, and will give you a fair chance at any Mister Leather competition of your town !

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 532967

I have not taken the chance to really wear my new 641HH 38.

But as I said in another thread, it looks to me exactly as the same leather as the 613SH. It is a very slim fitting jacket, it is supposed to be the same cut as the 641 steerhide, which is the same as the 141 but one size down.

The 641HH has a quilted lining for the body, much like the 613, 618, etc... perfectos. The classic 641 steerhide and the 141 have a simple poly liner, with a removable fake fur liner (removable liner that I don't like and never use with my 141 size 38).

The 641 is 25 inches long in the back and in the front. Very classic propotions for me. No problem. The jacket is slim around the body, but the footballs and the wide action back (wider on these cafe racers than on the perfecto) allow for a very confortable freedom of movement, quite surprising in fact ! In that, it is very simiilar to the 613/618 if you buy it to your true size. Very slim fitting, and still with a quasi complete freedom of movement. The Schott miracle !

The fact that it is slimmer than the 141 reduces the batwings effect that tends to happen in the back of the 141.

I have not worn the 641HH enough to express myself about ist pliability. But it has this abravise and almost kitsch shine that will get you noticed from far away, and will give you a fair chance at any Mister Leather competition of your town !
Would you say the 641HH has the same fit as the 618HH in the same tag size? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner