Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Screenworn Australia costumes

alden405

A-List Customer
Sorry folks,these are pretty k'rappee

If anyone in Melbourne can be bothered there is a 4 window display in the Myers window on the Bourke Street mall.

My camera has had the clap for a while so this is as good as i can get them.

IMG_3356.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Myers ?

lolly_loisides said:
I can see from the reflection in the glass that its Bourke Street Mall, but what shop?

If anyone in Melbourne can be bothered there is a 4 window display in the Myers window on the Bourke Street mall.

alden405

A-List Customer
In terms of $ return the film was a success

it was critically mauled

this is window dressing rather than a full blown exhibition

sam

Elmonteman

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the shots. I saw the film for the first time last night and I enjoyed it. The only bit of costuming I didn't like was Hugh's hat, which you see in the window above. Everyone else had great hats. I particularly liked the way the Aboriginal culture was woven into the story.

Doug C

Practically Family
I haven't seen the movie yet either - I will though, it's been on my list for a while, and I'm not really a "hat guy" but I for one love the look of that hat. I have no idea of it's authenticity or whatever, but to me it looks extremely adventurous. I assume it's Akubra? Now to me Hugh's pants look too narrow for that time period.

Doug C

MisterGrey

Practically Family
The movie is more about a precocious Aborigine boy than either Kidman or Jackman's characters. Unfortunately he is perhaps the most annoying child ever put into a film, and spends the duration of the story yammering on in a stereotyped Pidgin English that makes him sound like a Native American character in a 1950s western movie. ("Gotta get cheeky bulls into big bloody metal ship!") Kidman and Jackman's characters are basically there to usher the kid's story along-- largely preventing it from becoming, as Luhrman had hoped, the "Australian 'Gone with the Wind.'"

The movie will also be somewhat insulting to anyone familiar with Australian-- or world-- history, as part of the climax and the death of a major supporting character hinge on a depiction of the Japanese engaging in a land invasion of Australia following the bombing of Darwin.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Alden, I must've walked right past those on Saturday without even noticing. Must've missed them dodging all the F1 crowds in town over the weekend ;)

My tram stop for work is Bourke and Swanston so I'll pop by for a look after work today. Thanks for posting the pics.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Australia was pretty lame. Apart from Nicole's riding apparel and that first suit (which I did love), it was nothing to it at all, not for me at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff