Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Searching for Lt. Hintz

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just want to share with you this well written article about a couple of kids, now grown old, who go searching for their missing father whose P-47 was shot down in April 1945.

The author does a good job capturing the spirit of the quest and paints a clear picture of the type of man Loren Hintz was. The story has a very satisfying ending.

This is not the ending, but it gives you a small taste: An Italian woman and two small girls walked up to Hintz's daughter, Gretchen, now 72. The woman said 'I brought my daughters to this excavation because I wanted them to thank you.' They shook Gretchen’s hand and curtsied. “That was overwhelming for me," Gretchen said in a phone interview. "The war is still very real. They live in houses that were bombed, their grandmothers were little girls during the war."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...fliers-family-finds-his-plane-italy/90753732/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21