Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seattle roll call

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Hey Ya'll I have observed a lot of Seattle locations under screennames lately, let's see whose out there new folks and old favs. I'll start with who I can find & recall easily. Come on folks, I know our numbers could rival Portland.

Barbigirl
Mike in Seattle
Reetpleet
LordJohnRoxton
Babydoll
Ferryengr
Tonyb
Lonn
Chan Fan
DrMags
Twobarbreak
Diamondback
Equador Jim
52Styleline

A dozen people would make a swell party

Barbigirl

Practically Family
~

Olympia -- OF COURSE!

Especially considering those of us who drive an hour to work, Olympia is just another little jaunt.

Pretty much to the mountains east, encompassing north including Vancouver BC, south to where it is closer to drive here than Portland and west to the water.

How is that for definition?

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
Somewhat logistically impaired as a nondriver out in the "outlying areas", but present in spirit...

If y'all can throw something together on some Friday evening near Southcenter, I might be able to make it. Bear in mind, I'll be doing a "bag drag" too...

I forgot to respond to this....what is a "bag drag"?

Barbigirl said:
I forgot to respond to this....what is a "bag drag"?
It's an old Strategic Air Command term--if a heavy-bird broke, the pilot and nav had to load all the maps, charts, nuclear codes and other "classified materials" into a huge, heavy duffel-bag and drag it between 'em (yes, it was THAT heavy!) over to the spare plane.

History lesson concluded, I'm usually traveling not quite that heavy, dragging a large laptop-case. (Like I said, I don't drive, so everything I need for a given day has to go out the door with me when I leave and stay with me for the duration.)

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Coffee Dude - I see you

Barbigirl
Mike in Seattle
Reetpleet
LordJohnRoxton
Babydoll
Ferryengr
Tonyb
Lonn
Chan Fan
DrMags
Twobarbreak
Diamondback
Equador Jim
52Styleline
Coffee Dude

A dozen people would make a swell party

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Diamondback said:
'Dude, this is why some of us don't give an exact city or town in our profile--well, general paranoia too, but...lol

OT: BTW, I can tell your av is a Harrison Ford role, but can't figure out which.

I'm going to go with 98.7% paranoia. lol

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Don't forget "just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me."

Not sure if we are supposed to be checking in or not. But "HERE!"

When are we going to have another get together. NOt to put all the onus on you. I suppose it is as simple as saying

"Lets have another get together. How When is good for everyone?"

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BG - on another post - the redhair - just gotta say...

:eusa_clap

(can we tell I'm into my 2nd Martini pre-dinner? Only another HOUR to go on the block...vat....whatever you wan to call it...of Stouffer's lasagne. God help us if the salsa & chips run out) Or as Jim Carey said in Mask, "Smokin'!!!!!!!!!!" It suited you well.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Mike in Seattle said:
BG - on another post - the redhair - just gotta say...

:eusa_clap

(can we tell I'm into my 2nd Martini pre-dinner? Only another HOUR to go on the block...vat....whatever you wan to call it...of Stouffer's lasagne. God help us if the salsa & chips run out) Or as Jim Carey said in Mask, "Smokin'!!!!!!!!!!" It suited you well.

The red hair? I am several martinis behind you so you have me totally lost! Was that in the goofy photos thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran