Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seeking Sweater style name

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
OK, no doubt most have seen cardigan sweaters like these;
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...oreId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&from=SR&feat=sr

Now imagine it with a more generously sized collar. That's what I'm looking for. Would that collar have a specific name that would help in my searches, because I have not found what I'm after?

Also, if you know where I could get one under $100 that would be great. I like cable knit, but that's not a must. Zipper or button, I don't care.

Can anyone help?

JLStorm

Practically Family
a lot of the shorter ones are often called military or commando type sweaters. The ones with the high zip up necks have always been referred to as turtle necks AFAIK. I see lots of my friends in them, so I assume they can be had at any trendy mall store. for the shorter collar sweaters outdoor stores like cabelas and the like have them.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
The collar on the one Lance posted is pretty much what I'm after.

As for finding that in a store, trendy or not... no-go. I have been into stores I never thought I even walk past willingly trying to find it. Only the short ones are around. I've even stopped people in the street and ask. I get one of three replies;
1. "I don't know, I got it as a gift."
2. "My (insert talented relative here) made it."
3. "I don't know, it belonged to my (insert late relative here).

:eusa_doh:

I will try adding "turtleneck" to my searches.

JLStorm

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
The collar on the one Lance posted is pretty much what I'm after.

As for finding that in a store, trendy or not... no-go. I have been into stores I never thought I even walk past willingly trying to find it. Only the short ones are around. I've even stopped people in the street and ask. I get one of three replies;
1. "I don't know, I got it as a gift."
2. "My (insert talented relative here) made it."
3. "I don't know, it belonged to my (insert late relative here).

:eusa_doh:

I will try adding "turtleneck" to my searches.

Maybe it was a style from a few years past? Im sure they are available on Ebay...just have to pour through the turtleneck sweater search that will undoubtedly turn up hundreds of results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy