Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seersucker

hargist

One of the Regulars
DBFedora said:
The suit looks great - like it was made just for you. Excellent purchase. You are obviously a gentleman with an eye for style that fits you well. I am particularly impressed with the confidence you emanate in regards to why you were a suit. You say, "Wearing suits fulfill three requirements for me. First, they make me look good. Second, they make me feel good. Third, they make me stand out." Excellent! I agree with you 100%. It's also a lot of fun. Enjoy your seersucker.

Regards,

Thank you for the compliment, sir. The suit wasn't made for me, but I have everything tailored to fit. In fact, I brought the jacket back to the tailor to fix the armholes. They needed to be smaller.

I'm a stickler for that kind of thing. If it fits well, it feels good. Needless to say, my tailor loves me!

D

DBFedora

I'm sure he (or she) does, and is probably worth every penny (or dollar)!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Orgetorix said:
a little tag on letting me know that they had paid special attention to it but still weren't able to get out the stains.
Shoes078.jpg

Marty M.

Vendor
Great summer combo.

Hargist, great combo you have on. The Bucks look great with Seersucker. Who's the maker of the bucks? By the way, I like when a guy say's " I've been buying clothes like crazy lately".
Marty Mathis

hargist

One of the Regulars
Marty M. said:
Hargist, great combo you have on. The Bucks look great with Seersucker. Who's the maker of the bucks? By the way, I like when a guy say's " I've been buying clothes like crazy lately".
Marty Mathis

Those are actually one of my dance shoes made by Aris Allen. They really aren't suitable for everyday wear.

145-WH.jpg

I've been looking for the perfect pair of shoes to go with the seersucker and I found them. They are all white saddle shoes made by Johnston & Murphy. The problem is that they don't make them smaller than an 8 and I wear a 7 1/2, sometimes even a 7. I have a tiny foot.

1_52720_FS.jpg

Brooks Brothers has plain all white bucks, but I want something a little fancier. I have been looking at alternatives and decided that either brown and white or grey and white spectators might work. I've narrowed it down to these. I'm leaning towards the grey and white, but the brown would match the color of the ribbon on my Panama hat. Opinions?

brentano-30045-grey-307o.jpg

donato-marrone-tan-spectator-1105o.jpg

brentano-30045-thin-tan-507o.jpg

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
It has finally happened. I've gone too far. I've been buying clothes like crazy lately, especially suits.

Don't feel bad. Sooner or later it happens to all of us here. Usually sooner.

I found it at a store that sells clothing received from movie and television studio wardrobe departments. I can tell it is old and probably vintage, but I don't know what period. I do know that it came from Paramount Studios.

Ahhh, thrift store pickings in L.A. must be fantastic. An advantage of your location for sure.

I too love seersucker. I don't yet have one but it's on my short list. My grandfather, who greatly influenced my love of suits and classic style, often wore seersuckers. To me it seems the quintessential Southern summer suit. Even today you can't go to any upscale daytime Summer function in the South without spotting at least a couple of them in the crowd.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
. . . The suit wasn't made for me, but I have everything tailored to fit. In fact, I brought the jacket back to the tailor to fix the armholes. They needed to be smaller.

I'm a stickler for that kind of thing. If it fits well, it feels good. Needless to say, my tailor loves me!

Wow, I didn't know it was possible to fix the armholes of an existing suit. Wouldn't they have to add fabric for that? If so, where do they take it from? Someone care to enlighten me on this? I have several suits that I'd love to fix the armholes on. Oversized armholes are one of my biggest pet peeves and the shortcoming of most modern-cut suits.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
To make smaller armholes (without adding fabric), one could take in the shoulder or side seam of the jacket, thus creating a smaller hole. Correspondingly the sleeve is made smaller by taking it in from the top or the seams.

Has anyone an idea, why fabric manufacturers do not more the 90s Seersucker with the big knobs??

All you can see these days, is the small knobs bedclothing and the summer shirts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner