Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Send a Retro-Gram Today!

TheRetropolitan

New in Town
I'd be pretty surprised if no one has mentioned this on the forums yet (although a search hasn't turned up anything), but the guys over at the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society have been offering a truly wonderful retro service: Retro-Grams.

They're basically faux-telegrams, and via their site you can either send a free one via email (in PDF format), or for a cost of $3.95 you can actually have one printed and sent via post. I send them all the time in place of birthday/holiday cards, and they're absolutely wonderful and stylish. (And no, I have no affiliation with the company. ;) )

The extra-cool thing is that you can choose from a selection of styles for your specific decade needs. It's cheap (about as cheap as a regular greeting card), and far more fun to receive than anything Hallmark ever made.

Send a Retro-Gram today!

RG-Hoover-mail_on.gif

TheRetropolitan

New in Town
In that case, you'll have to hope that you luck out and get one of those happy, whistling mailmen with names like "Mailman Dan" that deliver good cheery news and important life lessons to children. You do live in Friendly Village, right?

D

Deleted member 259

I was driving up the street and saw a big sign in front of a little house that advertised Singing Telegrams. I think they were also Public Notarys.

I fully intend to find out their prices and send one to my Boyfriend's work on his birythday. Sure, He'll be mortified, but everyone else will get a kick out of it!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
They are great

I have sent a retro-gram before. The people have been pleasantly surprised when they receive them. The Lovecraft site is at cthulhulives.com . I believe someone else had brought them up before. I ordered their prop CD and it is great.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

P.S. I thought the worst singing telegram was in Gilliam's "The Fisher King"

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
a lot of great stuff

A plethora of great props. Some are copies of actual items from the '20s and '30s and some are original designs with the feeling of the era.
There are Miskatonic University props and Arkham, Massachussetts props that are fictional to fit into the Lovecraft world.
My favorite ones are luggage tags and tickets for trains, plaines, steamships and zeppelins, assorted passports, and telegrams.
There is much more but that gives you an idea.

There are some free downloads on the cthulhulives.com site, even typefaces.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

TheRetropolitan

New in Town
Actually, the site address is cthulhulives.org (not .com), and Retro-Grams have their own website at retro-gram.com. (Although their sites were down a few days last week, they seem to be back up now.)

Cheers.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
TheRetropolitan said:
Actually, the site address is cthulhulives.org (not .com), and Retro-Grams have their own website at retro-gram.com. (Although their sites were down a few days last week, they seem to be back up now.)

Cheers.
But the section for sending a PDF retrogram isn't working for me. Halts after Step One.

TheRetropolitan

New in Town
You are unfortunately still correct about the not working thing. I think they're doing something funny with the site; the whole domain was down last week for a day or two, and then it worked fine. Check back in a day or two -- it's definitely worth the wait!

KR

Familiar Face
Retro-Gram

I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ve sent some Retro-Grams by mail on more than a few occasions and people always love to get them. I highly recommend them.:)

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
sorry, scotrace. thank you, Retropolitan

I just got in and found I had caused some confusion.
Sorry about the wrong site address and thanks for the clarification

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo