Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Setting Pattern Central

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
I'll take some pictures this weekend, but it's from a booklet. Is that a no no? [huh] I think it's copyrighted.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
I'll redraw them, but what about the directions for them then? I guess I'll have to mention only certain details and in my own words. wow. I have some work to do then. :)

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
erm....

i always tought it was around 50 years...
but i looked it up...

How long copyright lasts depends on when the work was created. The Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998 extended many copyrights by 20 years. Here are the details, straight from the Copyright Office FAQ:

For works created after January 1, 1978, copyright lasts for the life of the author plus 70 years. In the case of a joint work, copyright lasts for 70 years after the last surviving author's death. For anonymous and pseudonymous works and works made for hire, copyright lasts 95 years from the year of first publication or 120 years from the year of creation, whichever ends first.

For works created but not published or registered before January 1, 1978, copyright lasts for the life of the author plus 70 years, but it will not expire earlier than December 31, 2002. If the work is published before December 31, 2002, copyright will not expire before December 31, 2047.

For pre-1978 works still in their original or renewal term of copyright, copyright is extended to 95 years from the date that copyright was originally secured.

but i guess most magazine articles were not copywrited back in the day...?

sixsexsix

Practically Family
yeah, there is kind of a loophole in the law right now because the USPTO (US patent office that is) is currently reworking the laws on copyright. It has been an issue for about the past year.

expanding on that, it also depends on what country you're in. as A.D. has just pointed out in the US you have 70 years after death, in Canada an author only has 50 years after death. It then become an issue of where the material was published/copywrited.

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Well ladies here is the diagram from my latest pincurl style. I have a bunch of pictures that look like a tutorial in my photobucket but I don't want to bog down this thread.
If anyone wants the other pics posted please let me know.

Here's the finished look:
100_4632.jpg

And here's the pin-curl pattern:
pin-curldiagram.jpg

Good luck!

Blondie

Practically Family
Thanks RetroMom,
Great hairdo,
Your hair is so long and looks thick too,
So how do you get your pincurls to stay put ?

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Retromom, thanks so much for posting this! Did you put all of them in yourself? I'm still terrible at doing the back of my head.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Thanks retromom, I can't wait to try that!

Last night was a particularly successful pincurl night for me, I did several large curls instead of lots of small ones and it looks fabulous....might try and draw and scan in as its uber simple

roots66

One of the Regulars
retromom147 said:
Well ladies here is the diagram from my latest pincurl style. I have a bunch of pictures that look like a tutorial in my photobucket but I don't want to bog down this thread.
If anyone wants the other pics posted please let me know.

Fab sketch, fab results...and by all means, don't be afraid to post your tutorial pictures, as that's exactly the kind of thing I had in mind when I started this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24