Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sewing Patterns for Men's Jackets?

vintagewool

New in Town
Hello. Does anyone have patterns for men's vintage jackets similar to:

1. WWII USAAF A-2 jacket, leather, cotton lining.
2. WWII USA 1941 field jacket (a.k.a. "M1941" "Parsons"), cotton, wool lining.

Both "mil-spec" jackets are really variations on civilian jackets. The standard "M1941" story literally describes a General Parsons copying from a civilian windbreaker--but unfortunately I have never seen an author name the manufacturer and model of the windbreaker.

Therefore, I am interested in sewing patterns of men's jackets that probably were fairly common, as a baseline reference.

The links are a mix of histories, descriptions, and images.

Thank you.

[Sorry, the links are broken for now.]

en.wikipedia.org
A-2 jacket - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org en.wikipedia.org
AVI Leather seal A-2 Jacket Review (pic heavy)
Hello everybody, A while back, while in Denmark, I contacted Morten at AVI Leathers (www.avilthr.com) and we talked ‘A-2’s. So, keen on a seal version, I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of these jackets. Thought I’d post some info. First impressions... not bad at all. Well presented and...
www.thefedoralounge.com www.thefedoralounge.com
A-2 Review, Leather Coats Etc.
Just got this yesterday, my Leather Coats Etc. A-2 size 40R. At $275, this jacket is a bargain. At the sale price of $223 with free shipping, this was an absolute steal!!! And this is made right here in the USA! Comparing side by side with my G&B A-2 size 42R, this jacket is of nearly the same...

M1941 Field Jacket - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org en.wikipedia.org
www.heddels.com
A Guide to U.S. Army Field Jackets - From M-41 to M-65
The U.S. Army Field Jacket has been an on and off field icon for nearly 100 years, we break down its models and evolution in this in-depth guide.
www.heddels.com www.heddels.com
WWII US M41 Field Jacket
An ATF exclusive, our jackets are exact copies of the WWII issue one: Olive drab 2 shade shell, flannel lining, realistic spec labels, and same pattern and design as WWII.
www.atthefront.com
(EUROPE) FS: WWII Impressions M41 Field Jacket (40R - fits larger)
I just got this size 40R M41 jacket made by WWII Impressions, probably one of the best/most accurate M41 repros out there at the moment. It's too big for me so I will try to sell it here if anyone located in Europe is interested in it. You can find the jacket on their website...

PS:
An administrator can delete my post in the Home Front section:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael