Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sheep in Wolf's Clothing: a shearling lined, 4.5oz cordovan HWM

willyto

One Too Many
Very interesting to read. I must admit I will never be a fan of the super thick and heavy leathers so I might be biased but I don't think either buttons or zippers work that well on them (At least not the monster zippers which I dislike very much).

It might not be your size but someone might love this Aero:

or those unfamiliar with the Highwayman, it runs large and has a boxy fit, good for layering. This one fits like a roomy 40 (I have an Aero cafe racer in 40 that provides a perfect fitted fit for me) or a 42. The only reason I’m considering selling this is that it is a little shorter than I’d prefer.

Measurements are below. Remember that the shearling lining adds bulk, so the shoulder and chest measurements in particular may seem a little exaggerated.

-Pit to pit: 24.5 inches

-Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 20 inches

-Shoulder seam to sleeve: 27 inches

-Base of collar to hem in back: 25.5 inches

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Highw...365166?hash=item4b3d7108ae:g:3ugAAOSwhQtapFqT

3WzezbZ.jpg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Very interesting to read. I must admit I will never be a fan of the super thick and heavy leathers so I might be biased but I don't think either buttons or zippers work that well on them (At least not the monster zippers which I dislike very much).

It might not be your size but someone might love this Aero:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Highw...365166?hash=item4b3d7108ae:g:3ugAAOSwhQtapFqT

3WzezbZ.jpg
That's a nice one, too, and tempting, but I think it would be a a bit too small on me. Hard to say. I do think that I can size down as much as two sizes in the Highwayman, if I don't want to layer, but for a jacket I'd only wear in winter, I'd probably want to be able to fit a sweater under it if I'm wearing one that day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR