Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe care step by step.....how to jazz up those ol shoes.......

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I know there are some very careful shoe owners that have great vintage shoes and as you buy them you find they are in need of being treated from a wash to conditioner and then protection by wax, or creams, some top coat that will aide them in being protected from the elements and "poor wearing" and storage issues. And of course shoe trees as well.

So I thought some of us could tell a step by step procedure of what you do when you first buy a pair of vintage (or new) shoes or boots and tell us why you think it is working for you, including products and techniques for restoring.

I will start out by saying I do not waste my time with vintage if it is beyond hope or repair. First thing I do when I get a pair of shoes, (new or vintage) if they have laces I remove them. Next up is some saddle soap and luke warm water in a small bucket or even a pan from the kitchen.

Next after they are soaped up and dry, I then taker my bottle of Cadillac Boot and Shoes care on the leather. I literally pour it right down to the toe from the inside. Then I just use my finger to work it into the leather. On the outside, same thing. After giving a shoe a treatment, place them someplace in a box that you can write on it what it is. When the shoe conditioner is fairly dry, you can them rub all the excess off, including the inside. Then wait for a half day at least, and grab some of your shoe cream, NOT the polish.

I will be taking a few pictures and going through it step by step so you will understand as best as I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner