Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes dont fit

kerry

One of the Regulars
:( I bought 2 pairs of really lovely peep toe shoes during the Autumn. Ive worn them around the house and they were fine but when I went out in them I cant keep them on my feet. Ive tried party feet and heel grips but they still slip. Any other ideas before I have to ebay them. Ill be really sad to see them go as they are lovely.

One pair are in red, one in green.
blueshoes.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have the same problem with a pair of navy shoes I got. Fit great around the house, but when I did so real walking, they just wouldnt stay on. Did you stuff some hose into the toe area? That can sometimes help.

Good luck,

LD

kerry

One of the Regulars
Amber DeCadence said:
what size are they hun? I always find if I am buying a higher heel I need to go a size smaller than usual, is there much of a gap or anything?
They are a Uk 7, there is quite a gap when I start walking and they are just flapping off my feet, Im going to have to sell them aren't I.

Marq

Familiar Face
Hi Kerry .I will ask some of the Girls on the scene next time i'm out and see what they do .I will then relay any info i find out ot you.Alternatly if you do have to sell don't ebay try some of the stalls at events and stuff who could either sell them for you or buy them from you as stock.I'm always out at some dance or another in London and there is always a crowd looking for nice stuff to wear so give me a shout if needs and i can direct you to the right place.I'm out 3-4 times a week so i know whats going on.........Paul

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know you've tried the Party Feet and heel liners, but have you tried a full size shoe insert?? I have a few pairs of shoes that are loose too. I have to buy my vintage shoes long for they are usually really narrow and I find longer shoes have better width. But, Dr. Scholls makes a Messaging gel insert. It is thicker than the other full size inserts and makes my longer shoes a bit tighter so they stay on. They also make my feet feel really nice. I know you don't want to sell them. They are lovely shoes, and if I could walk in such high heels, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands, or feet, relatively speaking:D. So, go to your local pharmacy, Target or Walmart, and check out the foot care aisle. There are a lot of different brands of gel inserts on the market. I like Dr. Scholls but you might find another brand that you like better. The gel inserts are all thicker than the other types of inserts, this thickness might give you that extra hold that you need. Also, they are clear, so you don't have to worry about them showing through the peep toe.
I hope you find this somewhat helpful. Good luck and let us know what ends up happening.:)

kerry

One of the Regulars
:) Thanks everyone,Im going to buy some full size inserts tomorrow and see if that helps, fingers crossed. Ill let you know how I get on.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I'm finding this with almost all of the rouned peep toe shoes I've bought recently! I've even gone down a size and they still slip!

I was going to try the inserts that are supposed to keep your feet from sliding towards the front, (is that what party feet are??)
Anyhoo, if the insoles or anything else works let us know. I had tried the heel cushions and such too. :(

Nikki

kerry

One of the Regulars
Emmababy said:
whwere did you get them from, as a matter of personal interest?
Hi, I bought them from office last year. I paid full price for the green ones and sale price for the red. Ive only just got round to wearing them.

kerry

One of the Regulars
ohairas said:
I'm finding this with almost all of the rouned peep toe shoes I've bought recently! I've even gone down a size and they still slip!

I was going to try the inserts that are supposed to keep your feet from sliding towards the front, (is that what party feet are??)
Anyhoo, if the insoles or anything else works let us know. I had tried the heel cushions and such too. :(

Nikki
Hi Nikki, I got the full gel inserts today and have put them over the party feet, it seems to have done the trick. I might stick a heel grip in aswell as I have narrow heels. Do you have narrow feet? I do and i think that might be the problem with peep toes.

StraightSeamGal

New in Town
Wow Kerry i have those exact same shoes a pair in in blue and a pair in red, i got them in them office sale last xmas and have the same problem,
they are a size 7 too and were fine at first but trying to wear them out is a nightmare, i've tried allsorts.

Even wearing them with blacktights and stuffing the front with black stockings! :rolleyes:

Lining doesnt seem to work either. My guess is they are cursed! It's such a shame because they are such a cute pair of shoes :(

kerry

One of the Regulars
[
StraightSeamGal said:
Wow Kerry i have those exact same shoes a pair in in blue and a pair in red, i got them in them office sale last xmas and have the same problem,
they are a size 7 too and were fine at first but trying to wear them out is a nightmare, i've tried allsorts.

Even wearing them with blacktights and stuffing the front with black stockings! :rolleyes:

Lining doesnt seem to work either. My guess is they are cursed! It's such a shame because they are such a cute pair of shoes :(

Hi, They are lovely shoes. I just cant give up on them. I did find that the whole gel insert helps but I can only wear them with bare feet. If I wear them with stockings they just flap off my feet.

ohairas said:
You girls might want to try having a piece of elastic sewn in across the inside of the heel too.
Nikki

Hi Nikki, Thats a great idea. I will give that a go this weekend. Thanks:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats