Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shops in Mexico DF?¿

Adria_Marques

New in Town
Hi, I will be in Mexico DF (and Oaxaca zone) at the mid may. There's any interesting shops there? (Heritage, boots, belts, jackets, secong hand etc)

Thank you!

Adri

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hi, I will be in Mexico DF (and Oaxaca zone) at the mid may. There's any interesting shops there? (Heritage, boots, belts, jackets, secong hand etc)

Thank you!

Adri
Short answer, no. I was there last month. Anything new is either fashion leather (lambskin) or it's tourist souvenir quality.

Vintage stores are hugely overpriced plus it seems to be common practice to replace the original labels with ugly store brand labels. Which totally ruins the value for me.

I've heard that Leon is the center of leather goods production in Mexico but we didn't go there. There are a couple of artisan bootmakers situated in leon but prices are comparable to what you'd pay in the USA as far as I can tell.

IMG_7920.jpeg
IMG_7921.jpeg
IMG_7922.jpeg

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Mexico does not have a market for vintage jackets. There are collectors but most of them get them from Ebay. Sadly, Mexico had many talented leather jacket makers. This is not the case anymore. Even the most needed shoe cobbler industry is dying. However, the are many leather tanneries producing leather for the rest of the world.

Adria_Marques

New in Town
Hi, I’m not just looking for leather jackets, any clothes shop, antiques or whatever interesting thing it will be welcome.
Thanks!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I’m asking for clothing shops, not for which aztec pyramid to visit.
Endless great stores in MXCD if you're looking for t-shirts with prints, shorts or flipflops. Visit Sombreros Tardan for nice hats.

Oaxaca is great for food and mezcal, not for shopping :)

Adria_Marques

New in Town
Yeah, I know what you are talking about… I’m from Barcelona and its also full of this shitty tourist shops, but sometimes with a bit of luck you can find some hidden jewels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany