Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Short-sleeved summer shirts

Jerekson

One Too Many
Well, the weather is starting to kick up drastically around here and I'm considering throwing together some new summer outfits for this year. Last year I did okay with the wide-brimmed hat, rolled-sleeve shirt and loosened tie deal, but this year I want a new look.

I just ordered a pair of Clubmaster sunglasses and I'm thinking it would be killer to go for a 50's Floridan sort of thing. Short sleeve shirt with glasses, no hat, white slacks and wingtips or something like that...

Does anyone have any good reccomendations for Havanas, Bowlers, or whatever else? Pretty sure I've seen talk of this in the past...

Feel free to show off your own shirts!

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I've got tons of short-sleeve shirts from the 1950s and early '60s -- they're my uniform during the warm months.

In fact, I started a thread about them some time back, though I don't recall what title I gave it.

No pics, alas, though I could take some, I suppose.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
duke01049cq.jpg

There is that Latin summer shirt called something like a Cuyabara, I don't know the name or spelling but it is a traditional shirt with some embrodery lines going down the front.

Some of the places that cater to the rockabilly style will also have some mens shirts that will be vintagey.

Don't forget Hawaiian shirts too!

ortega76

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
There is that Latin summer shirt called something like a Cuyabara, I don't know the name or spelling but it is a traditional shirt with some embrodery lines going down the front.

Some of the places that cater to the rockabilly style will also have some mens shirts that will be vintagey.

Don't forget Hawaiian shirts too!

A Guayabera is definitely a stylish, comfortable shirt for warm weather.

Jerekson

One Too Many
I hate to say it but Mr. Sheen is one of the people that brought these shirts to my attention in the first place...

So far, the link John posted has been the closest to my taste...a bit expensive though, since I did want to buy three or four...

I'll check the Goodwill shops over the weekend. Never really looked for short sleeved shirts there before.

Mike K.

One Too Many
I have a few retro bowling shirts in my closet that were mostly acquired through Ebay. I think they offer a sharper, sportier look than Hawaiian shirts (which are typically the same cut). Some of my bowling shirts look best with khakis, while others pair best with blue jeans.

My question to everyone is what is the best footwear to complete the look?

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Mike K. said:
I have a few retro bowling shirts in my closet that were mostly acquired through Ebay. I think they offer a sharper, sportier look than Hawaiian shirts (which are typically the same cut). Some of my bowling shirts look best with khakis, while others pair best with blue jeans.

My question to everyone is what is the best footwear to complete the look?

So far I usually go with my Sperry Topsiders. Sometimes plain brown service shoe look-alikes.

Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo