Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or Shouldn't I?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I kind of agree with Drappa, it would be lovely for a ball, perhaps for a wedding it is a little too much. If you didn't show as much cleavage as Nigella and had a wrap for the daytime/ceremony it would be ok, upstaging the bride would be a cert in this gown and that's not the done thing! For evening at a wedding it would be fine i think. I do love VW dresses, so feminine and flattering, as i said i wouldn't hesitate to wear one to a ball or evening engagement.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I think it depends a lot on the neckline - if it's more demure (as you seem to prefer Puzzicato) it should be fine (particularly if you are going to have it made in a different colour) - the pencil dress aspect of the dress I think is fine for a wedding. Too much cleavage is a no-no for me - I was sitting across from a girl at my brother's wedding and her dress was so low cut you could practically see her knee caps. I was also at a wedding where a girl (who had lovely legs I might add) was wearing little more than a white (NO!) kaftan (no no no no no!) - lovely at the beach but for a wedding it was completely unsuitable.

Amy

New in Town
What a fantastic idea for a thread, thank you! Not that I have anything to ask about (yet), but I'm sure I will... Also, despite my friends' good intentions, if they're not really into vintage style, they're not always the best people to ask about a vintage purchase. It's great to get a second opinion from someone who understands WHY you might want it in the first place! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy