Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your Non-Acoustic Record Players and Phonographs

airgrabber666

One of the Regulars
I know there was another thread about Victrolas and acoustic phonographs, but what of the electric sort? Anyone here into them? I have a four or five of them, mostly worthless in all likelihood but very nifty, nonetheless.

Here is a circa-1946 Detrola radio-phonograph combo. It's my only combination unit. Original condition...the radio works but not the phono. Of course, it's 78rpm only:
mackenzeaster2b013.jpg

Here is my circa-1957 blonde Webcor Musicale Coronet with matching stand and accessories. I love the atomic-era styling and hi-fi sound. Picture:
stuff111003.jpg

It has four speeds and the "Magic Mind" automatic changer which can play intermixed 45s and LP records, believe it or not.
stuff111002.jpg

The Webcor works and is very clean and remarkably preserved. It came from the daughter of the original owner.
stuff111001.jpg

So, anyone else out there with an affinity for such ju...errr, antiquities?

harty

New in Town
I have been slowly collecting vinyl recently and purchased a turn table with USB. Inexpensive, good sound, can record onto my computer. Then my dad reminded me that they have an old cabinet unit stashed somewhere. It is gorgeous if I can recall correctly. I don't remember how good the sound is, or even if I have ever heard it, but guess which unit I am more excited about? I will post pictures once it is dug up.

sartana

New in Town
Ok, here is my Webco.

P1050251.jpg

And here is my Zenith. This is my primary 'home' stereo. Has a tape input that works great with my iPod.

P1050249.jpg

And yes, it is a stereo. Here is the extension speaker....

P1050247-1.jpg

Finally, here is my little-ish VOM record player. I got it to be the main record player but then found the Zenith unit a few weeks later.

P1050248.jpg

airgrabber666

One of the Regulars
Beautiful collection, sartana! Especially like that Zenith...1958 or '59? Vintage 45s must sound warm and full of rich bass with that machine. I'm a Webcor guy at heart, though. Any pics of the changer in yours?

sartana

New in Town
Beautiful collection, sartana! Especially like that Zenith...1958 or '59? Vintage 45s must sound warm and full of rich bass with that machine. I'm a Webcor guy at heart, though. Any pics of the changer in yours?

I am not sure on the year of the Zenith but my guess was the same as yours. I will get some pics of the changers this weekend. I love your Webcor floor model. Very nice.

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
I have a pair of these from circa 1940:

tt_c1538_002a.jpg

RCA 76-C2 Transcription Turntable

They were standard equipment in radio stations back in the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner