Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your Porkpies

GWD

One Too Many
For some reason there aren't very many Porkpies on this site. I for one find this style of hat very appealing. I'll start.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Edward

Bartender
GWD, I love the look of that third one - is it a plush finish?

I don't have any porkpies myself. I tend to gravitate towards a wider brimmer fedora, though I've recently been toying with the idea of a porkpie. I'd like, as funds allow, to put together a teddy boy drapes look, 50s style (not the ghastly primary colours Showaddywaddy take on it)... lacking the hair for a quiff, though, I need a hat that works. a pp could be it...

GWD

One Too Many
Edward said:
GWD, I love the look of that third one - is it a plush finish?

Yes it is a plush finish, it a JC Penney's Marathon. I have a few more Porkpies I'll try to photograph and post here within the next day or so.

Jovan

Suspended
Note I said real fedora. This wool one I have doesn't compare with the hats I've seen on here. In any case, I don't wear hats much, but it'd be nice to have a few good ones.

I wouldn't mind a hook up... if it was a free one. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
GWD said:
Here are a few more.

Dobbs Coronado (non vintage)
web.jpg
I'm not into porkpies that one looks really good!

:eek:fftopic: Your'e avatar reminds me of the cop show by the producer of the original Miami Vice that was set in vegas, back in the 80's....:D

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm also glad you started this thread. I'm a Pork Pie Lover from way back. I'll post mine when I have more time.
I just wanted to comment on all the great ones that have already been posted though.
GWD, you have an Awesome collection, what more can I say...:eusa_clap

Feraud, I'm very envious of your Navy stetson and I love the Champ. I've been looking to get a Navy colored hat for quite some time and when I seen your PorkPie, I just cringed. :eusa_doh:

GWD

One Too Many
bolthead said:
Feraud, I'm very envious of your Navy stetson and I love the Champ. I've been looking to get a Navy colored hat for quite some time and when I seen your PorkPie, I just cringed. :eusa_doh:

I agree, It's beautiful! I have yet to find a Navy hat of any style.

Bassman

A-List Customer
I have a inexpensive, well worn felt one that the unbound brim has gotten pretty mishapen.
I need to try to reshape or trim and make into a stingy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner