Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us Vintage Connoisseur Items!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
texasgirl said:
Wow, you think it's that old? That's cool. The handles are actually wood. I should have taken a close-up.

Actually, it might even be 1920's, especially if the handles are wood. If time permits, I'll go shopping in my old catalogs and see where your new bar matches up. Since the veneer is pretty common, you should be able to find matching pieces too. A wooden smoking stand would look really nice next to that bar. You could put a plant on it if you don't smoke.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Celluloid is a kind of plastic-right? Yes, it's all wood, except for the small knob on the bottom drawer. And the metal parts of course. The lighter wood looks like maple maybe?

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
A vintage Herbsaint Drip Glass, a very kind gift from the people that make Herbsaint.

vintageglass.jpg

Herbsaintlabel.jpg

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
I like the Penguin shaker, remind me of y own. I have a bullet one too - which looks like an artillery shell.

There was a book published by Tanqueray that was on the subject of cocktail shakers - sort of coffee table book.

I was always impressed with the Lighthouse or Zeppelins ones.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Ethan Bentley said:
I like the Penguin shaker, remind me of y own. I have a bullet one too - which looks like an artillery shell.

There was a book published by Tanqueray that was on the subject of cocktail shakers - sort of coffee table book.

I was always impressed with the Lighthouse or Zeppelins ones.
Thanks- I love him too. I wish i had the guts to use him, but I don't think I'd want to drink anything out of him anymore...:D

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
texasgirl said:
Thanks Betty!!!! I checked by 1935 MW catalog and they don't have any bars.

The sort of folks who owned Cellarettes generally did not shop at Montgomery Wards, or Sears, Roebuck & Co. They tended to be luxury items. It was quite chic to have a cellarette after the ratification of the 18th amendment. With Repeal they rapidly faded form popularity.

Your piece is fairly extreme in its design, the sort of thing that might have been found in the office or apartment of a young man who was quite well-to-do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy