Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your convertibles

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Happy Jack now you've got me missing the Miata I had years ago. LOL
Mine was a red 1990 A package.
A few tweaks and I had it smoking the tires, but it still got great gas mileage.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
This was a celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the E-type Introduction in 1961. The E-type was by design so far ahead of its day, with its aero shape, smoothe sexy curves, torquey 6 cyl engine, full disc brakes, monocoque frameless construction, full rear independant suspension, with inboard disc brakes, and at a measured 150 MPH, the fastest production road car on the road.

P1020083Large.jpg

P1020028Large.jpg

The maroon appears the proto XJS evolve. Gorgeous. :)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I saw the Top Gear episode paying tribute to the E-types 50th anniversary. Pretty funny, expecially when it wouldn't start. Also funny, a very British band, commandos, Spitfire and Hurricane, and two wing walkers in Union Jack Spandex. Opps, weren't they atop two Boing Stearmens! How uncricket of Clarkson.

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Every time this thread catches my eye I end up drooling all over everything...

Jaguar66...envy. Pure envy. You have a piece of art Sir. I am guilty of coveting thy cat. Always been a fan of Jaguar, the E-Type or a later XJS model. But have yet to own even a model of either.

Was lucky enough to have an association with British Leyland in my school years though; learned how to drive in a TR7 and then owned a 1967 Mark III Spitfire which I later, and still regret, gave up. Both ragtops.

Huzzah to you and your passion.
M.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Every time this thread catches my eye I end up drooling all over everything...

Jaguar66...envy. Pure envy. You have a piece of art Sir. I am guilty of coveting thy cat. Always been a fan of Jaguar, the E-Type or a later XJS model. But have yet to own even a model of either.

Was lucky enough to have an association with British Leyland in my school years though; learned how to drive in a TR7 and then owned a 1967 Mark III Spitfire which I later, and still regret, gave up. Both ragtops.

Huzzah to you and your passion.
M.

Thank you. My love of Jaguars strangely did not begin early in its production, but when a friend offered his car for sale to me in '74, it began a fascination and passion, that was rekindled last year after a long 27 year hiatus. I have owned an XJS, a '77 that I owned for 3 years from '78-'81. A very nice car, but by then the sportiness of Jaguar cars was basicly gone. The V12 E-types were really essentially touring cars IMO. They had power steering, air conditioning, some with automatics. To me the covered headlight E-types were the pinnacle of Jaguars sports cars.

They almost had a come back car twice. Once was a Concept car called the XK 180, and the second called an F-Type.

timthumb.php

jaguar-confirms-f-type-and-new-x-type-22365_1.jpg

The latest concept car called a CX-75, is in the exotic car category. The Miata and the Honda S2000, are the best roadsters of the modern era.
Jaguar_cx75_5.jpg

There is talk of a different type of car called an F-Type.
fc_2012-jaguar-f-type_lead1.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars/2012-jaguar-f-type

Last edited:

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Jaguar66,

Again, very much appreciate the insight. I had no knowledge of some of their recent prospects for the future. I wish the XK would have blossomed, as the F-Type looks a great deal like the BMW Z4 series. I hope Jaguar has not fallen prey to duplicating another's style of vehicle, instead of designing one.

Personally, roadsters are the premier driving instrument, still actually putting the driver in touch with the road. The E-Type has always seemed unattainable to me so I have favored the XJS; often referred to as a touring vehicle, I just consider it the Grandfather of Roadsters.

I will likely search for an old Triumph someday for my fix.

I did not mean to get too far off subject in this thread, but please keep up your work and passion. I will be tracking you green with envy (British Racing Green).

Best to all,
M.

Last edited:

O2BSwank

One of the Regulars
Here's a couple of shots of my not golden age convertible my 96 Mustang GT. I bought this car last year so my wife and I could have a fun little car to ride around in. I've put on 10,000 miles in less than a year. These photos were taken in Pacific Grove, near Monterrey Ca. in February! Yes February. There's a reason we pay the price to live in northern California.
1297631198564-1.jpg
[/IMG]
1297631198564-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Hiartz

New in Town
1935 Hudson Terraplane with 1999 Morgan Plus 8, 4.6

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfuigx9wqborll9/Hudson%26Morgan.JPG

Hi everybody this is my first post, not mastered the image upload yet, I don't think it likes 'dropbox' to retrieve images. The link works though.

Hope you like my pride and joy's. I've owned the Terraplane for 20 years. It was built in
the USA and shipped to England in crates and assembled in London at the Hudson factory
as a right hand drive. Its a small six cylinder engine about 3 litre .
I've owned the Morgan since 2004 - a very traditional design not changed for decades.

Cheers all - Keith

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy