Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Dark Side - Shadow and Silhouette Portraits

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Not to worry: You are not being authentic in the least, sir, as fedoras, bowlers, and westerns, were worn by the working class as well, particularly if you seek what the master sought rather than to emulate shallow imagery.
Your universal rule of looking good does not seem to apply to anyone I know-- not the older generation, my peers, the kids these days, nor the ladies, as it turns out-- not here in this red cowboy state nor in more progressive metropolitan regions that I visit.
As it turns out, I need not to complement my hat with clothing you find ignorantly complementary or supportive. Nor do I feel ironic wearing brimmed hats with tee shirts and hoodies. It sounds like you are making a judgement of people who shop at K Mart for their clothes, to which I might ask you where one such person may earn the entitlement to wear a vintage or God forbid custom hat if their means do not allow for bespoke or tailored pinstriped suits? Or if they simply choose this? Most of my clothes come from Kohl's. On your scale, I prithee what sort of hat, sir, have I earned the privilege to wear? I'd be well to do, indeed to have the honor of wearin' a torn piece of fabric from your old britches to shield my cheeks from the sun while I'm out picking cotton in your fields.
And if any person here other than the full time ranchers and ranch hands doesn't wear their hats with some sort of amusement, they are living in such a tense bubble of make believe that they deserve the cold, threatening sweat on foreheads and the palpitations that arise from my purple target hoodie. BOO! Are you spooked yet?
I have never responded to these naïve assertions before, but you caught me in a perfect moment. Welcome to school, friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
And Terry, yeah I'm totally digging that noir shot with the vintage backdrop! Nice work! [emoji6]

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
76a9f62b9c2757ed576fbebeee96fefe.jpg

Not to worry: You are not being authentic in the least, sir, as fedoras, bowlers, and westerns, were worn by the working class as well, particularly if you seek what the master sought rather than to emulate shallow imagery.
Your universal rule of looking good does not seem to apply to anyone I know-- not the older generation, my peers, the kids these days, nor the ladies, as it turns out-- not here in this red cowboy state nor in more progressive metropolitan regions that I visit.
As it turns out, I need not to complement my hat with clothing you find ignorantly complementary or supportive. Nor do I feel ironic wearing brimmed hats with tee shirts and hoodies. It sounds like you are making a judgement of people who shop at K Mart for their clothes, to which I might ask you where one such person may earn the entitlement to wear a vintage or God forbid custom hat if their means do not allow for bespoke or tailored pinstriped suits? Or if they simply choose this? Most of my clothes come from Kohl's. On your scale, I prithee what sort of hat, sir, have I earned the privilege to wear? I'd be well to do, indeed to have the honor of wearin' a torn piece of fabric from your old britches to shield my cheeks from the sun while I'm out picking cotton in your fields.
And if any person here other than the full time ranchers and ranch hands doesn't wear their hats with some sort of amusement, they are living in such a tense bubble of make believe that they deserve the cold, threatening sweat on foreheads and the palpitations that arise from my purple target hoodie. BOO! Are you spooked yet?
I have never responded to these naïve assertions before, but you caught me in a perfect moment. Welcome to school, friend.

Right-you-are, Jeff. There seems to be a fair number of these posts of late. We'll edjickate 'em!

Terry you have become the master of noir. Super photo!

Panadora your images and perspectives work for me, sir! Today as well as the "abstract" this week.

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Eloquent BLASPHEMY! Lol.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Lol! I've said my piece. I apologize, as I don't typically like to rant. I will go on with my hats and my absolute favorite garment: my purple hoodie.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
A shoot of me heading to my car after work yesterday. So nice to still have plenty of sun to enjoy after getting out of the office.

4aeabb5c8402207c106a86098c140052.jpg

And no, I still have my left arm. The missing limb is a trick of the shadow.

Yesterday at sunset
20150523s0.jpg

Catching up a bit, I just came upon this one, Joao. It was bound to happen, but your nicest, newest and biggest brim is actually blocking out the sun... you've caused solar eclipse!!! I'm jealous!

EDITOR's Note: I did not attach the advertisement for ladies slippers to the words sola eclips, above, but apparently some rogue company has. Don't bother to click on the link. Internet Interlopers!!

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Eheheh ;)
Not my biggest brim but a nice hat made in FEPSA 2X 100% bunny fur.
My intention was not to cause a solar eclipse, I don't want to make people think that the gods are mad. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner