Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your favourite vintage dresses!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Hello ladies!

I don’t see this thread here yet, so thought ‘why not start it.’ I’d love to see your favourite frocks, day time dresses, evening wear, any era! Please post so we can all admire. ;)

Below, two of my favourites.

1950s day dress, bought new with tags!
yard%20sale%20finds%20097sm2.jpg

1940s dress I love, 40s cardy with fur trim
DSC_0081sm2.jpg

More to post later. ;) Can't wait to see yours!
X
BD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
There is a similar thread here but I don't remember what it's called :-/

EDIT:
showthread.php

I know there was another one, but I still can't find it. I remember a photo that someone posted there, but I can't remember who either.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Kitty, oops...:( If anyone remembers, and let's me know...I'll delete this one. Don't want to clog up the forum with repetitive threads!

Thanks for posting the thread Kitty! Seeing as it was created in 2006, and no one has replied since, I'll just leave this newly created dress thread. ;)

Cheers
BD

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Lauren; I love the outfit in your profile pic. Gorgeous!

Thank you both, I'm off to check out that thread. Amazing photos there, though no one has posted in a long time either.

Hopefully, some ladies out there will show the rest of us their favourite dresses!

X
BD

D

Deleted member 12480

Alright - it may not have actually arrived yet but if it fits like it should then this will be my favourite.

(i have a very small, beginner collection!)

376050039_o.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
deleteduser said:
Alright - it may not have actually arrived yet but if it fits like it should then this will be my favourite.

(i have a very small, beginner collection!)

I love it! It's a great piece for day wear. Great for work even, depending on where you work. ;)

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Two of my other favourites. This first one was from my Mom's collection (she is a long time collector and ran an antique store specializing in vintage clothes/jewelery in our house).

Image002_3Asm.jpg

I got this one at a yard sale. ;)

yard%20sale%20finds%20003smallbw2.jpg

Claudette

New in Town
So here are my two faves. I don't wear my dresses that often, as they aren't practical for my everyday activities. However, when I do wear them, I feel like I am on top of the world! Both were bought on etsy.

This is my all time favorite dress... for now... my mom bought me a vintage dress to wear to my high school graduation, and it hasn't come in the mail. I don't wear a lot of pink, but this dress is so sweet!

il_fullxfull111970779-1.jpg

This dress is a close second. I absolutely love the blue color and matching blue velvet bow.

Front2-1.jpg

D

Deleted member 12480

Black Dahlia said:
I love it! It's a great piece for day wear. Great for work even, depending on where you work. ;)

i work at school lol and i have to wear uniform :(

those dresses are lovely, ladies i'm an envious of that coral pink-y one!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
My all-time favourite dress:

3713952476_86ec793860.jpg

It's a house dress, and it's built almost like a dressing gown, wrapping at the front with two ties. I have to add a safety pin to make sure it stays closed. But I love it - rickrack, ruffles, huge oriental-ish crysanthamum/peony print, tiers for interest... there was no way I was going to wear this one just round the house! It was deadstock too, and sadly it's now starting to fade a bit from washing, but I try to look after it well so it will last a lifetime!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Claudette, both of your dresses are gorgeous! Where did you get them? They are truly lovely.

Annie, oh well there's always time for play! I work at a university, so don't wear my vintage dresses often to work.

Fleur, an amazing outfit head to toe!

X
BD

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I only own a few real vintage dresses. This is almost all of them lol.

4375535689_10d5e0a3a8_o.jpg

This belonged to my great grandmother.

4376285270_b006dcf4df_o.jpg

I don't care if this is 70s and made of nasty-ish polyester -- it's beautiful. I found it at Salvation Army.

4375535835_8c147bf53c_o.jpg

On the "sale" rack at a poncy "antique" shop. It was my size, price was in the single digits, IT WAS MINE!

4375535893_1d74db3e35_o.jpg

My wedding dress. I researched the Union number on the tag and I'd date this at approximately 1959.

I only wear the last one from time to time. I have two other 1950s wiggle dresses, also, which I wear quite a bit to work. They're kinda plain, though. These ones are by far the prettiest.

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
My all-time favourite dress:

3713952476_86ec793860.jpg

It's a house dress, and it's built almost like a dressing gown, wrapping at the front with two ties. I have to add a safety pin to make sure it stays closed. But I love it - rickrack, ruffles, huge oriental-ish crysanthamum/peony print, tiers for interest... there was no way I was going to wear this one just round the house! It was deadstock too, and sadly it's now starting to fade a bit from washing, but I try to look after it well so it will last a lifetime!

Absolutely love it! Isn't it funny how what once was considered a housedress is now actually very dressed up?

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
I only own a few real vintage dresses. This is almost all of them lol.

4375535689_10d5e0a3a8_o.jpg

This belonged to my great grandmother.

4375535893_1d74db3e35_o.jpg

My wedding dress. I researched the Union number on the tag and I'd date this at approximately 1959.

Amy...WOW! Your great grandmother's dress is amazing! I quite like the yellow 60s number too, and ADORE your wedding dress. Love the material/pattern. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot