Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Handwriting - Vintage Penmanship!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The pen..

...is one designed to write in italics. I just use it as an ordinary pen as it suits my hand. But thanks for the lovely comments. I just totally adore your writing style. I wonder what ones' handwriting says about us all?

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
I gave graphology a go, and this is what I got:

Psychic and physical depression
anguish and weariness
discouragement
lack of enterprise
laziness and cowardice
vanity
egotism
selfishness
sensitive and touchy
nervous, irritable

:eek:
I think I did something wrong...

Starius

Practically Family
GwenLake said:
I gave graphology a go, and this is what I got:

Psychic and physical depression
anguish and weariness
discouragement
lack of enterprise
laziness and cowardice
vanity
egotism
selfishness
sensitive and touchy
nervous, irritable

:eek:
I think I did something wrong...

WOW! You sound (or should I say "write?") like a neurotic mess!!

lol

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a sample of my handwriting. I can be much neater when I try, but this is about par for "everyday" writing (which I thought was more appropriate for the intent of this thread). Go ahead and analyze this one. I can take it - good news or bad.

handwriting.jpg

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Help please!!!

Is there a primer anywhere that will teach me to write in that lovely 40s script that all 1940s films noir notes are written in??!!

[huh] [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh]

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
Starius said:
WOW! You sound (or should I say "write?") like a neurotic mess!!

lol

We all know I'm not really like that, right? :p

Mr. 'H' said:
Is there a primer anywhere that will teach me to write in that lovely 40s script that all 1940s films noir notes are written in??!!

[huh] [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh]
They probably wrote in some form of Palmer.

Bebop

Practically Family
Big Man said:
Here's a sample of my handwriting. I can be much neater when I try, but this is about par for "everyday" writing (which I thought was more appropriate for the intent of this thread). Go ahead and analyze this one. I can take it - good news or bad.

handwriting.jpg

Let's see..... you are probably a large man......enjoy guns......hats.....and live.....huhhhh.... in NC. How was that?

Story

I'll Lock Up
Bebop said:
Call me paranoid, call me crazy, call me overly cautious but I would never put my handwriting and to top it off, my signiature anywhere on the internet. [huh] Having had my identity stolen once before, I just may be paranoid, crazy and overly cautious now.

You win the OPSEC prize for the year, your very own gold-plated copy of AR 190-11!!! :D

Ok, I'll play - here's my hand copied Shakespeare sonnet:
BlotTest.gif

(At least I can type 140 words a minute...)

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Aaron Hats said:
My handwriting is so bad that no two signatures are the same. My wife has this unique "talent". She can write backwards. From her signature to a full page letter she can write it backwards so that you have to hold it to a mirror to read. I'll try to get a sample from her and post it.

I once met a woman who worked in the returns department at a home center, and she could do this. I saw something she'd written above her station and asked about it. She asked my full name and then wrote it out. Every letter was absolutely legible, and her handwriting was smooth and flawless. I wish I still had that note.

I don't have a scanner, but its no loss because my writing (read: printing) isn't worth seeing anyway. I can't even read my own signature; I just recognize it - it doesn't contain anything even distantly resembling any letters in the English alphabet. lol

I'd say I do the same as Fleur, but I never write anything letters in lower-case. Probably picked that up in a high school drafting class.

Neat-o idea for a thread, Charlie. :)

Lee

"You may not be able to read a doctor's handwriting and prescription, but you'll notice his bills are neatly typewritten." - Earl Wilson

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
"Only left-handers are truly in our right minds..."lol :D

You've reminded me of a lovely lady I once knew, DB. She and I used to joke back and forth about right- and left-handedness. She's left-handed and I'm right, and one time said the same thing to me. I told her, "Yeah, but only creatively."

She also told me, "Lefties have rights, you know." I gave her a sly grin and answered, "And righties have lefts." :p

Starius is posting Post-Its on Charlie's post. :D
I hope your throat is better. :)

Lee

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bebop said:
Let's see..... you are probably a large man......enjoy guns......hats.....and live.....huhhhh.... in NC. How was that?

Wow, you must be clairvoyant or something. :D

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Bebop said:
Having worked with a handwriting analysist in the past, I learned a bit about it and I can see we have quite a varied crowd here!

Call me paranoid, call me crazy, call me overly cautious but I would never put my handwriting and to top it off, my signiature anywhere on the internet. [huh] Having had my identity stolen once before, I just may be paranoid, crazy and overly cautious now.

I don't think most folks have signed their full real legal names....hence it being a bit more safe.....since its fairly hard to steal the identity of someone you have no name to match up with....

handwriting isn's something normally associated with anything barring forgery.....stealing an identity from random notes about the lounge, using lounge names.....seems fairly unlikely.

that said...if anyone wants to put a scan of a check to me for a milion bucks....I wont look the gift horse in the mouth :p

Bebop

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
.....stealing an identity from random notes about the lounge, using lounge names.....seems fairly unlikely.

p

I would never try to rain on your parade with logic. I am glad you feel so at ease. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy