Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hankies!

Late to the Party

Familiar Face
I did not find a thread like this, so here goes.

I haunt thrift stores for hankies. My mother gave me some she bought at estate sales, probably in boxes of mixed linens. I'm sure at least of of these is a small napkin. Oh well.
I only use the newest/most sturdy ones for daily use.

Lace edges
W92B7M49VqezS0X5VgbZaChZBNzk2N-vi.jpg

Cutwork and applique
D1i0yFAUr5r_6Z33pBQSO9VAv_AwUR-vi.jpg

Cutwork
HI0tZkKnPkk2ri9J7vapcfvuBcf95q-vi.jpg

Embroidered and one monogram (I've decided it is E for Elizabeth) Sorry - my camera freaked out and jammed two photos together and added orange splotches! Who knew that could happen with digital!
Anyway, you get the idea.
is-vi.jpg

There should be some more color embroidered floral ones. Must be in a purse or in the wash.

wahine

Practically Family
You got a nice and pretty collection there. What do you do with the hankies, do you actually use them what they were meant for? I have a few from my grandmother but I find them unpractical to really blowing my nose. So I sometimes carry them for the effect, like waving at the train platform and such.

Late to the Party

Familiar Face
You got a nice and pretty collection there.
Thank you.

What do you do with the hankies, do you actually use them what they were meant for?
The fragile ones - old or lots of lace, stay rolled up in acid free tissue. The newer ones or more sturdy ones I use for blotting my face in the summer, blowing my nose, polishing my glasses. All that kind of stuff. Some of the cut-work ones are in circulation and all the embroidered ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925