Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your New Year's Eve Finery!

Barbigirl

Practically Family
80s Flashback

We went to a Flashback with Jack Radio VIP party that was kind of costume so I dressed up as Madonna, and I got nominted for top 3 Madonnas. I didn't win, but I did get my photo taken on stage. I will post them later if I am not too embarrassed--tough I really did rock madonna.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Johanna... you are lovely and you look adorable in that dress and bolero! I'm so happy to see it being worn, it was such a nice dress and you wear it well!;)

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
67b2_1.jpg
I wore the pot dress, bought from a lovely Lounger. ;)

Johanna

One of the Regulars
MaryDeluxe said:
Johanna... you are lovely and you look adorable in that dress and bolero! I'm so happy to see it being worn, it was such a nice dress and you wear it well!;)

Thank you! :) It's such a great dress, one of my favourites!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
PADDY said:
It is such a festive looking dress, am I right in saying that it is a 'holly' print?
[/QUOTE]

Thank you kindly! The dress is from Boden, a UK outfit I've recently discovered. They listed it as a 1940's print, which is patently is not! I like the color scheme though.

You look quite natty yourself!

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
n644550060_1964368_1613.jpg

I can't find a picture of me wearing the beautiful and thoughtful necklace I got for christmas; an antique silver brooch with a fossilized leaf in the centre

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Daniele played her cello in the NY Gilbert and Sullivan Players' NYE Champagne Gala last night. It was a fabulous concert, lots of fun. The whole second half was devoted to requests from the audience. Here we are going into the auditorium at Symphony Space. I have my new tux, and Daniele is in her basic gig black. Unfortunately she forgot to grab the vintage fur cape I got her for Christmas for the picture. I'll post pix of it later.
NYEve-Dan-Danielecropped.jpg

We wound up at a nice party at a penthouse apartment in Brooklyn Heights, with a roofdeck view of the Manhattan skyline. I love this town!
If any of you get anywhere near New York, you have people who will show you a great time, I guarantee!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
Daniele played her cello in the NY Gilbert and Sullivan Players' NYE Champagne Gala last night. It was a fabulous concert, lots of fun. The whole second half was devoted to requests from the audience. Here we are going into the auditorium at Symphony Space. I have my new tux, and Daniele is in her basic gig black. Unfortunately she forgot to grab the vintage fur cape I got her for Christmas for the picture. I'll post pix of it later.
NYEve-Dan-Danielecropped.jpg

We wound up at a nice party at a penthouse apartment in Brooklyn Heights, with a roofdeck view of the Manhattan skyline. I love this town!
If any of you get anywhere near New York, you have people who will show you a great time, I guarantee!
You guys look SMASHING! And a cellist to boot! Lucky devil. And, hopefully someday soon, my wife and I can take you up on your offer. I know Manhattan, but Brooklyn (besides Bencraft) is a foreign land to me.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Smashing

Well, actually, my tie was crooked, my pocket square was slithering out of my pocket, I was wearing my grey Disney fedora, which I love, because the black homburg I won hasn't arrived yet, my shirt is just a little snug around the neck and short in the sleeve, my shoes are tight, my cummerbund kept riding up revealing my slightly excessive girth, etc., etc. But yeah, it felt really cool to go out on the town like that.
On another thread I'll post my comments about the other gents wearing tuxes last night. Not a very favorable review, I must admit.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Well, this is what me and Daddy did last night!

We LOVE this band. They are from Tucson and we discovered them almost 2 years ago. They are SO fantastic. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this band. In fact, they are playing our wedding in the spring and the bass player is performing the ceremony! They come to Phoenix very often and we see them as much as we can.

MeLouNYE2.JPG

Daddy got 2 new suits, some shirts and a new pair of shoes yesterday...I love them on him. He has such a hard time finding things to fit properly, and he hasn't had anything new for awhile. This one is a Stacy Adams. I am sure you vintage suit aficianados can say all kinds of stuff about it, but if you ask me, he looked pretty damned fine. I was proud to be on his arm and out on the dance floor with him! The tie is a 40s rayon that I found for him, and a perfect match for the suit. We ran out of time, but next time he is going to have a pocket square.

This is Daddy with Alex, one of the sax players from the band. This is about 2am!

LouALexNYE.JPG

And here we are, at the start of the night. That wonderful hat is a gift from someone special, and I got lots of compliments on it. I had made the blouse during the day from a 1953 pattern. We looked really good together and it was a great night!

MeLouNYE1.JPG

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
Well, actually, my tie was crooked, my pocket square was slithering out of my pocket, I was wearing my grey Disney fedora, which I love, because the black homburg I won hasn't arrived yet, my shirt is just a little snug around the neck and short in the sleeve, my shoes are tight, my cummerbund kept riding up revealing my slightly excessive girth, etc., etc. But yeah, it felt really cool to go out on the town like that.
On another thread I'll post my comments about the other gents wearing tuxes last night. Not a very favorable review, I must admit.
It doesn't matter if it's right - what matters is how it is carried! And, in this case, it was SMASHING! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS