Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your non-vintage self

Drew B

One of the Regulars
Lauren, you must have a very good photographer friend! Either that or you have a real knack with the timer! They are brilliant photos.

Cheers,
Drew.

Drew B

One of the Regulars
Oh yes and this is me... I'm the bloke. Even before I wore old things I just wore pants and a button up shirt... and a jacket if it was cold.

n562850693_3356960_9281.jpg

Cheers,
Drew.

High Pockets

Practically Family
Gene said:
I was going to post a few, but I realized I don't really have any that aren't a few years old! This one's as close as I could find, a year or so ago. It's still not completely non-vintage, though.

2661125137_5407ae90a3_o.jpg

I guess it's a good thing I rarely go non-vintage? [huh]

Gene

Wow, what great memories! I had a Hawk many many years ago,....what a fun bike!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Gosh, it was hard to find a pic where I'm not with my BF (he wouldn't like me to post any pics with him in them - he's very particular!) and all the rest were a good few years old.

So here's one from my recent holiday. Forgive the swimsuit and slightly silly expression!

Cheekyswimsuitshot.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Grantfan, great idea. Who could resist a request from you. These are from a skateboard park in my area. The board might look vintage, but its a reissue.

B

brookfield_1.jpg

brookfield_2.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Drew B said:
Lauren, you must have a very good photographer friend! Either that or you have a real knack with the timer! They are brilliant photos.

Cheers,
Drew.

Thanks! I think my husband took both the shots. I may have set it on the timer for the one with the dress form, I don't remember.

Sis, I think you're my 1930s and non-vintage partner in crime. haha. It seemed even our "modern" clothes were similar styles when I saw you this summer ;)

anon`

One Too Many
I'm more often than not my not-vintage self. And I hate pictures of me. The guy that does the Faeroe Islands Podcast wanted a group shot of us though, and it turned out pretty well.

I'm the guy in the Turisas shirt who showed up after the war paint disappeared:

031509-GroupShotBeforeShow2.jpg

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
I don't normally wear vintage, more vintage inspired. In fall/winter I usually stick to jeans and converse :) It's also the difference between trying to have cute hair and just throwing it in a ponytail like here:
3012776455_7bdc52d083.jpg

donCarlos

Practically Family
Audrey Horne said:
I don't normally wear vintage, more vintage inspired.
Exactly! And photo of me wearing something else would be a photo of me in a birthday suit. And you don´t want to see that, do you? lol

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Audrey Horne said:
I don't normally wear vintage, more vintage inspired. In fall/winter usually stick to jeans and converse :) It's also the difference between trying to have cute hair and just throwing it in a ponytail like here:
3012776455_7bdc52d083.jpg

Audrey you are so pretty. You look nice either way. And I am like you I usually wear vintage inspired especially in the fall and winter, when I want jeans and boots on most of the time.

MissHannah

One Too Many
I'm never really un-vintage these days but I used to be, so here I am about 10 years ago in one of my 'normal' phases!

Tyler1.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Pretty much anything I wear nowadays is vintage or vintage inspired (i.e. classic or reproduction), so. Unless I'm in some sort of a costume, but even those are increasingly vintage inspired, such as:

Uploaded11September2007055.jpg

(As Audrey, Little Shop of Horrors, in the West End production of 2007 - I don't normally dress in costume for the theatre, Rocky Horror aside, but the closing night was one we made an exception for).

This from two or three years ago or so, I think.... I'm on the far right.

Uploaded21My2007013.jpg

Hat was contemporary, jacket is an old German army jacket, probably 1970s, I think. Eventually it'll be replaced by an M-41 repro. Printed T shirt in that one. That's about the only thing in my wardrobe I still buy that's not a vintage-style item, printed T shirts. Don't wear them so often nowadays, though - at least the ones that aren't leaning towards something of a psychobilly look, which is quasi-vintage, I guess.

Uploaded190606RockyManchester040.jpg

That's me on the left, in June 2006. Pretty representative of how I was dressing back then - mostly a combination of '77 throwback and psychobilly. The I got too fat for drainpipes, and along came the rockabilly retirement plan, which lead to a stronger interest in 30s and 40s vintage, and on to today....

This last photo is pretty indicative of workwear from before I fully discovered vintage. The suit was "Next" (jacket now sacrificed to one of my zombie costumes - see the thread on Halloween costumes for men). That yellow cravat is actually a vintage item (probably 1960s, I should think), and is still worn today. It was actually my first cravat. for a few years I wore cravats in the office most days - now I tend to wear a regular tie more, with the cravats appearing more as casual wear.

Uploaded091006SpamalotFriday6and-3.jpg

The 'other guy' in the photo (left) is Tim Curry; this was taken at the stage door after one of the UK previews of Spamalot.

Interestingly, all of these photos are post-hair; the leopard shirt and drainpipes shot above was taken about seven days after I went for the full shave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy