Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Pedigree! The Heritage Thread.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I'm a quarter American (with Swiss/English ancestors), a quarter German, and half-French (with an Austrian great-grandfather).

My mother's great-aunt was Madeleine Carlier, a famous Parisian stage actress in the early 1900s. She was also a fun-loving courtesan (like Gigi), but we don't talk much about that. (All right, I admit it: we do!)

One of my ancestors, Antoine Chevalier, was a French country squire who, being a Huguenot (Calvinist protestant), had to flee his country during the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre of Huguenots (1572). Antoine and his family fled south over the Alps to Switzerland's Jura district, where they settled in a mountain town named Moutier. Antoine became Moutier's schoolmaster; his (male) descendants were Swiss mercenaries and blacksmiths. One of them was named Christ Chevalier! :confused:

100% American no hyphenation or worries about the old country. I could care less. This is where I am now and where I am going to stay until my last days.
The first and last time my grandfather went back to see his brother in 1968, he came back and told us that he would have kissed the tarmac if he wasn't too embarrassed.
I understood years later when I actually did it! :eek: :D ;)

Regards,

J

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Highest Chocolate consumption... not the Danes

Cornish, French, Scottish, Italian(definitely Sicilian).
Born in New Zealand.

Mrs. Tank is a decendant of one of the Sikh Gurus.
She was born in Denmark.

We live in Denmark.
But why..?

mysterygal said:
on my mother's side, they are pure German, my father's, grandma is Scandinavian, and my grandfather is Greek

Sorry- there is no country called Scandinavia.;)

decodoll said:
...Denmark has the highest per capita consumtion of chocolate in the world :D), and I like meat pies, mushy peas and tea over coffee.

Actually...

"Switzerland leads the world in chocolate consumption with 22.36 pounds per person. Austria and Ireland are not far behind with 20.13 pounds and 19.47 pounds, respectively."

I love meat pies too but we don't have anything like them here in Denmark...
Shame.

B
T

decodoll

Practically Family
KAT said:
decodoll said:
well I have a passion for chocolate (Denmark has the highest per capita consumtion of chocolate in the world :D), QUOTE]

LAND OF CHOCOLATE IS GERMANY;) just my 2 cents to this topic

heheee...looks like I had my facts screwed up! Denmark is #1 in candy in general.... The Swiss still beat us all when it comes to chocolate. :D

KAT

A-List Customer
:whistling
Actually...

"Switzerland leads the world in chocolate consumption with 22.36 pounds per person. Austria and Ireland are not far behind with 20.13 pounds and 19.47 pounds, respectively."

naaaaaaaaa i dont wanna belive that ;)
chocolate.jpg

KAT

A-List Customer
SHE KNOWS SHE KNOWS
so ms Tin pan sally....tell the people where even homer thinks the land of chocolate is?

you are great! thanks alot ;) :eusa_clap

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Bellytank's reasoning:

"I don't remember" = KAT's comments (in another thread) about Alzheimer's disease's German discoverer.
Conclusion: Jamespowers has German ancestors.

- "Bellytank, is that your final answer?"
- "Yes it is."
- "I'm sorry, that is incorrect!"

KAT

A-List Customer
i never said that [huh] at least i cant remember!:p who is this marc anyways? [huh]

he is a "call me a cab" now ( too much favorite summer drinks huh?) haha

Marc Chevalier said:
Bellytank's reasoning:

"I don't remember" = KAT's comments (in another thread) about Alzheimer's disease's German discoverer.
Conclusion: Jamespowers has German ancestors.

- "Bellytank, is that your final answer?"
- "Yes it is."
- "I'm sorry, that is incorrect!"

And you lose the money, girl and your livelihood. :p Oh, that thread. I forgot. :eek: ;) :eusa_doh:
Don't get into the Cash Cab with that reasoning. ;)

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80