Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Brinybay

Practically Family
MadelienneBlack said:
Oh, I green with envy! I love old kitchen appliances! Needs a little elbow grease to shine her up, but what a beauty!

Well, that's not the actual blender, just a picture I googled that closely matched. As a FL family member, if you want it, I'll go get it (it's been there a few months, I'd be surprised if it's gone) and ship it to you at cost. The one I saw did not have a bowl. I'll plug it in and make sure it really does work. Or I could get a couple pics first, I have a digital camera and have some time on Sunday. Even if you're not interested (shipping from Seattle to Pennsylvania = ?$) maybe I should get it anyway. $10, what the h...

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lily Powers said:
The photo doesn't show in your post, but I think you can check by looking at the inside - is it material or fabric, or is the back kind of sueded, like animal skin? If there's a lining and you can't see the back, you might be able to part the fur and see if there is fabric (faux) or mesh (more indicative of real fur). Unfortunately, many shoppers are mislead by poly/acrylic labeling of "faux fur" trim on current coats made in China, when in actuality, the trim is from raccoon dogs.

Sorry I missed this! Thanks for your help. I'm pretty sure it's real. [huh]

Miss_Bella_Hell

Just purchased these at Savers today!

Turquoise necklace with floral clasp, $4.99:
0121091336.jpg

And the big score, a 3-piece aurora borealis crystal jewelry set! $17 total. All the pieces had been separated, I had to dig through to find it all. Super exciting! Unfortunately it's hard to see the rainbow effect of the beads but it's very pretty in person.

0121091337.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

Also wanted to post these, not sure where is the best place? But I found several vintage fur-trimmed pieces at the Salvation Army and Savers that I did not buy, but thought people on FL might be interested. I'm happy to go back and buy them if anyone is interested, so PM me if so.

$40, later union tag (late 60's?)
0121091136%231.jpg

$20, no labels, so bespoke I guess. Hand made. Guessing 40s.
0121091137%231.jpg

$3 at Savers! Has clips on each end, added later.
0121091209.jpg

MadelienneBlack

One of the Regulars
Brinybay said:
Well, that's not the actual blender, just a picture I googled that closely matched. As a FL family member, if you want it, I'll go get it (it's been there a few months, I'd be surprised if it's gone) and ship it to you at cost. The one I saw did not have a bowl. I'll plug it in and make sure it really does work. Or I could get a couple pics first, I have a digital camera and have some time on Sunday. Even if you're not interested (shipping from Seattle to Pennsylvania = ?$) maybe I should get it anyway. $10, what the h...

That's a lovely offer, Brinybay. Thank you for being so thoughtful! I'd take you up on that if I hadn't just recieved a new KitchenAid mixer for Christmas. A girl can only mix so many things at a time, and I've got a teeny-tiny kitchen. :) It is gorgeous, though.

Brinybay

Practically Family
MadelienneBlack said:
That's a lovely offer, Brinybay. Thank you for being so thoughtful! I'd take you up on that if I hadn't just recieved a new KitchenAid mixer for Christmas. A girl can only mix so many things at a time, and I've got a teeny-tiny kitchen. :) It is gorgeous, though.

I think I'll go get it anyway. It reminds me of Toll House cookie dough, my Mom's were the best!

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
One of the cleanest original Victor Victrolas that I've ever owned )and I have owned HUNDREDS!). It has an original waxed "Antique oak" finish, which is in a marvelous state of preservation.

I brought it home this afternoon, and all that it required was a reproducer rebuild and the usual motor service (dismantle, clean, lubricate springs, reassemble, grease and oil, calibrate sped indicator) and it now is as new!

DSCF0002-1.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

This machine would b utterly unremarkable, save for its state of preservation, and the fact that it is very late (1924) for an oak machine.

Here is another machine that I recently purchased with a fine original finish. There is a broken bit of mounding on the front, under the lid, but I shall soon have it repaired. This machine has not even been polished. It will look much batter after cleaning and polishing, I assure you, but look at that gloss!

DSCF0025.jpg

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Vintage Betty said:
YAY FedoraGent! I'm glad you decided to chase after that Victrola machine. It looks wonderful. DeakonKC, do we get to see before/after pics of your face since you are breaking in a new brush? ;)

Picked this up yesterday for FREE! :cheers1:

sewing_machine1.jpg
sewing_machine2.jpg

How did you get that for FREE?! It's gorgeous.

feltfan

vitanola said:
One of the cleanest original Victor Victrolas that I've ever owned )and I have owned HUNDREDS!). It has an original waxed "Antique oak" finish, which is in a marvelous state of preservation.
I have a Victor Victrola with that oak finish (quarter sawn)
that I once dated to 1923. Great machine. I wonder what
you would recommend I use to clean and treat the finish?
It doesn't have a wax coating, or much of one anyway.
It sounds great.

Brinybay

Practically Family

Frykitty

Familiar Face
Its rare to find anything of interest in the thrift's in my town, but I stumbled upon this little gem the other day...

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

I hope this works I'm still trying to figure out the bst wat to post pics here (I'm a little slow I guess:) )

p.s. Brinybay those nail clippers are pretty cool, are they still sharp?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn