Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Complete Naval Aviator's Uniform with WWII and Korean War era ribbons (pants not shown).

DSCF8191.jpg

(Top) Naval Aviator Wings in bullion; (Middle) American Campaign Medal; (Bottom from Left to Right) Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal, World War II Victory Medal, National Defense Service Medal
DSCF8183.jpg

DSCF8185.jpg

DSCF8177.jpg

1951 ad for Julius Horowitt, Long Beach, CA
JuliusHorowitt.jpg

Last edited:

DNO

One Too Many
Great find! Any indication of the officer's name? It sure beats the French infantry officer's kepi I found at a local thrift shop yesterday!

Kepi.png

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Definitely not a "hair receiver" - they typically had a removable top with a hole in the center. It's probably part of a larger set for the ladies dressing table - mirror, tray, bottles and lots of little jars of various sizes depending on how fancy the set it.

I agree, I think it's a powder jar.

Thrifted this cool Smiths Enfield kitchen clock
Need to find a key for it though....
Smithsclock1-1.jpg

Smithsclock2-1.jpg

Smithsclock3-1.jpg

Smithsclock4-1.jpg

Smithsclock5-1.jpg

Super find! Keys are easy to find. The clock? Not so much.
I went to a few garage sales today and really didn't get much. One guy had a radio and record player console from the 40s or before for $10. I just don't have the room for it though. I think it was an Atlantic or some such brand. Maybe I should have bought it but.....

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Nice finds! Good to see another Hawaiian shirt collector out there. :p

A couple of years ago I was on holiday in Tunisia and went to the souk in Tunis which is huuge. I had a copy of the Rough Guide to Tunisia with me which gave the way to the second hand clothes section of the Souk, which very few tourists go to (probably because it's a nightmare to find!) looking for ladies vintage designer bargains. Unfortunately there were no ladies wear I wanted on the day I went but there were hundreds of vintage Hawaiian shirts!

So, if any of you collectors are in North Africa...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot