Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
To the races! A Hollyvogue "De Luxe" sold at Siegel's of San Francisco. Maybe it saw some use at one of the multiple famous tracks?

100_3247_zps55e49bbd.jpg

A solid tie; I can see some jake wearing it at Santa Anita, c.1948...

Here are two recent acquisitions:

Photoon2012-10-06at1042.jpg

A nifty hand-painted silk example from Barr and Sons, Montclair (CA?), and a Lily Dache' job titled, "Bombay."

Photoon2012-10-06at1043.jpg

A solid tie; I can see some jake wearing it at Santa Anita, c.1948...

Here are two recent acquisitions:

Photoon2012-10-06at1042.jpg

A nifty hand-painted silk example from Barr and Sons, Montclair (CA?), and a Lily Dache' job titled, "Bombay."

Photoon2012-10-06at1043.jpg

Lily retired in 1968 so it has to be before that. :p Her daughter took over the business after she retired though.
This is one of those jump on the designer label capitalized on by women's fashion designers. Women bought men most of their clothes back then and many still do today. A tie with a woman's designer label had a certain marketing appeal. :p Then again, you knew that. :p

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Same here. My gal loves the look of vintage... but she always requests modern styles, since being in vintage attire seems to "dressed up"... One can imagine what would happen if she had the control of my wardrobe! :eek:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
BK: If you think the pink paisley tie is such a horror, I recommend you resolve the issue of the discomfort it causes you by selling it to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic