Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice knits Michael. The La Rinascente is awesome. Love the color flecks.
Thanks Bob. I rate that day as a very good one for the tie rack. The silk knits have a great sheen to them. And I agree the color flecks in the La Rinascente are fantastic. Though as I said, I could totally live with the striped version too. Wonder if one could make a reversible tie? Ha ha. I think it will become a great favorite of mine when I want something a bit less loud or ornate than I usually am found in.
You picked up some really cool clip ons too. A week or two ago my thrift had a bunch of clip ons in, but I passed on them as none were as nice as the ones you got.

Michael

SurfGent

Suspended
KIMG0052.jpg
KIMG0050.jpg

SurfGent

Suspended
So got some new ones this weekend both modern Ralph Lauren but ! A nice art deco pattern and the yellow one says Hollywood collection and has a late 30s early 40s cut to it.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
So got some new ones this weekend both modern Ralph Lauren but ! A nice art deco pattern and the yellow one says Hollywood collection and has a late 30s early 40s cut to it.
A nice looking pair of ties. I've seen a lot of Polo I like, but those have a great pattern.

Michael

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
@ Michael: Nice knits there! I really start to love them...
And the Italian one is great, too! Looks like the typical European 30's/40's ties.

@ SurfGent: Normally I'm not a big fan of "modern" ties. But these art deco patterns are really nice!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Love that double tie, but I go in more for the serial wear. Change after lunch, etc.

I ran across a couple more today, not true vintage, but maybe with some interest. First was another of the very short narrow knits, this one with a label and the other a Wembley part wool model
P1180601 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The label on the knit one, which I've never heard of, but not researched.
P1180599 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And the store label on the Wembley showing it to be unused. The store changed it's name to Von Maur in 1989, so it predates that, but how much I don't know.
P1180602 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

And another of my Lands' End wide knit silks made an outing today accompanying a wide lapel jacket.
P1180592 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Diggin' that plaid wool Wembley, Michael!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks dh66. I've been trying to add to the wool collection. Ha, who am I trying to kid, I'll add anything I find vaguely interesting to my collection. I'm easy that way. This one is actually 50% wool 35% acrylic and 15% polyamide imported fabric according to the label that can just be made out with a magnifying glass at the right angle of light. Ha ha.
Does anyone have any idea what the short narrow knit ones are? They are 39 1/2" long and 1 5/8" wide.

Michael

.....and I thought I had a tie collecting problem....

f472ca83da84c405eb3949154185138c.jpg

I went to repair a steam leak in the hospital yesterday, and the hospital auxiliary was having a tie sale. Seems one of the doctors had donated his collection of over 1,600 ties to be sold off to raise money for some something or other.

SurfGent

Suspended
.....and I thought I had a tie collecting problem....

f472ca83da84c405eb3949154185138c.jpg

I went to repair a steam leak in the hospital yesterday, and the hospital auxiliary was having a tie sale. Seems one of the doctors had donated his collection of over 1,600 ties to be sold off to raise money for some something or other.

Looks like my stash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot