Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

SurfGent

Suspended
KIMG0071.jpg

SurfGent

Suspended
Congrats to you all: really nice ones on the last pages!

Was way back when I posted the last beauty...
So here's my new favorite:
1930's/40's Italian brocade silk tie - dark blue with black, silver and burgundy leaves - very shiny

26441059ia.jpg

One interesting label:
26441058hc.jpg
Terrific

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
Great! Love the trumpet most...
Nice to see some bold look ones. Really hard to find them in Germany - for an acceptable price!!! But I didn't know, that it's the same problem for you by now...

Bruce R.

New in Town
P1000345-.JPG
P1000348-.JPG
P1000349-.JPG
P1000346-.JPG
Hey guys. :)
Just got into collecting ties recently despite having some for years.
Only some of these are 'vintage' to my knowledge, and I only know the dates for some of them (the ones I recently just purchased.) The rest, maybe some of you would know. I can provide dates and labels if needed. :)

Picture 1 (Four ties):
My grandfather's ties. Note the stain on the far right one.

Picture 2 (Three ties):
A tie that belonged to an older gentleman, and two ties of my dad's. I'd be interested in knowing the date of the first tie.

Picture 3 (Five ties):
Ties that I recently purchased for myself, except the far left blue striped one which was bought 15 years ago for a wedding. The bright yellow one in the middle is from the 70's, the crazy design one to the right of that is from the 80's-90's, and the far right one is from the 60's. Just got that one today!

Picture 4 (Four ties):
My 'kid ties' that I've had since my teens in the 90's, so they're skinnier and shorter. They probably all date from the early 90's.

SurfGent

Suspended
View attachment 54709 View attachment 54710 View attachment 54711 View attachment 54712 Hey guys. :)
Just got into collecting ties recently despite having some for years.
Only some of these are 'vintage' to my knowledge, and I only know the dates for some of them (the ones I recently just purchased.) The rest, maybe some of you would know. I can provide dates and labels if needed. :)

Picture 1 (Four ties):
My grandfather's ties. Note the stain on the far right one.

Picture 2 (Three ties):
A tie that belonged to an older gentleman, and two ties of my dad's. I'd be interested in knowing the date of the first tie.

Picture 3 (Five ties):
Ties that I recently purchased for myself, except the far left blue striped one which was bought 15 years ago for a wedding. The bright yellow one in the middle is from the 70's, the crazy design one to the right of that is from the 80's-90's, and the far right one is from the 60's. Just got that one today!

Picture 4 (Four ties):
My 'kid ties' that I've had since my teens in the 90's, so they're skinnier and shorter. They probably all date from the early 90's.
In picture #2 I'd say the 1st one your asking about might be late 60s to early to mid 70s. Could you post a pic of the label

SurfGent

Suspended
Well Scot ties Ltd was established in 1954 and went out of business in 2012. Unless you got ahold of a catalog it would be difficult to determine exactly what year it was made. Like I said judging by the style very late 60s. 1969 or late late 68 up until 74-75.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner