Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

baha47

New in Town
3 at a time

Upper Michigan Thrift Store this week. Rarely find 3 at a time anymore...
Julyties01.jpg

Julyties02.jpg

Julyties03.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
Here in Boone.

Darn it. I wish I had known you lived there before visiting my aunt and uncle last summer. BTW, I went to that GW and another thrift store while I was there, but didn't find anything. You must have been there shortly before me..... ;)

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Goodwill finds today...

a 'cockrell' of late-50s Rooster brand (store labels include: 'Raleigh Haberdasher, Washington,' 'Lord & Taylor, New York,' 'Outten, Salsalito, Calif,' and 'Lewis & Thos. Saltz, Washington.'

roosters100.jpg
[/IMG]

a mid-50s 'Esquire Cravat'

50stie100.jpg
[/IMG]

Today's checked tie.

I'm down to my last 100 1920s and 1930s ties in this rotation. These are the less favoured ones, usually with slight defects, like this one, or new ones into the collection. You can see the little spot of damage about half way up.

Palm Beach Cloth. No mention of Sanford so pre-'44. Tie made by Beau Brummell, 4 Fold Construction and sold from a shop called Wentworth's in Elgin. (Whichever Elgin in the US that is.)

PalmBeachTie1.jpg

bk

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Baron Kurtz said:
One of the very few 1940s ties i've kept in my collection. This one's by Haband. Horse and Hound design in dark blue and pink. Looks to me like a squirrel riding the horse, but whatever. One of the few 40s ties i've seen that I liked.

HabandHorseHounds.jpg

bk

I like how it ties.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
One of the very few 1940s ties i've kept in my collection. This one's by Haband. Horse and Hound design in dark blue and pink. Looks to me like a squirrel riding the horse, but whatever. One of the few 40s ties i've seen that I liked.bk

I have the same tie in green, somewhere back in the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes