Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Some vintage, some not, some good condition, some not. I bought some basically because they're from now gone local retailers.

GEDC0112.jpg

2012-03-06014825.jpg

2012-03-06014740.jpg

2012-03-06014750.jpg

GEDC0116.jpg

GEDC0117.jpg

TCMfan25

Practically Family
Do you ever tie the most perfect knot ever so you loosen up the neck, take the tie off, and leave it tied? I have a tie or two left tied because of the pristine four in hands tied on... I was wondering if this is not a good habit to get into?

(I always untie my vintages to preserve 'em) :p

Do you ever tie the most perfect knot ever so you loosen up the neck, take the tie off, and leave it tied? I have a tie or two left tied because of the pristine four in hands tied on... I was wondering if this is not a good habit to get into?

(I always untie my vintages to preserve 'em) :p

Probably not a good habit to get into as the knot becomes a dirty area because that is the area you are always touching. Not to mention that is the area of the tie that you are always putting the most wear on. Untie it and let in hang.
It would take far too much room for me to store my ties that way as well. Imagine 1,000 of them left tied. :p

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Probably not a good habit to get into as the knot becomes a dirty area because that is the area you are always touching. Not to mention that is the area of the tie that you are always putting the most wear on. Untie it and let in hang.
It would take far too much room for me to store my ties that way as well. Imagine 1,000 of them left tied. :p

I've always wanted to....just for fun...pre-tie all of mine and put as many as I could around my neck and then tie as many as I could on the rest of me...of course, get a photo...and then submit it to Guiness as the man wearing the most neckties at one time.... :D

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I've always wanted to....just for fun...pre-tie all of mine and put as many as I could around my neck and then tie as many as I could on the rest of me...of course, get a photo...and then submit it to Guiness as the man wearing the most neckties at one time.... :D

Man, QB, that is a great idea!! I say we nominate you and JamesPowers to represent the Fedora Lounge...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo