Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

I think so too (20s) but I was hedging bets.

It's in perfect shape, in fact. Those periodic grey splodges are actually intentional parts of the weave, though they do look like worn spots.;)

I just wish the price tag had been still attached to the thin end. These (pre-crash) were the days of the $20 necktie!! I suspect this would have been a very expensive one. All that remains is the spots of glue and paper you can see.

Man! That thing is really old and in decent shape for its age. I would say more 20s.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Ready for the masked ball..

masks.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
here's a couple of charity shop finds I picked up this weekend whilst stopping in a country hotel somewhere in North Western England, they were a whole ten bob(50 pence) each so a bit of a bargain I think;
2n8n9cn.jpg
js0lyd.jpg

25jh34w.jpg
2rbze6p.jpg
The makers of the silk striped one are still in business but appear to only make in quantity for rugby clubs, businesses etc, as for the wool one I think at some level they are still in business but I don't think they any longer supply ties.

Last edited:

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Rather unique, considering all the different designs that were available. No tags?

The only tag is of the clothier which was J.B. Sax & Co. of Ottumwa, Iowa. I was living there when I found this. Most of my best ties had his label although the store had closed in the 1970s. I remember when I found his rather large memorial in the local cemetery and gave my respects and a big thanks.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

I had to crash the tie party with these cufflinks....These are as Vintage as Ned Kelly and the horn on a Packard! Very hard to get a picture, these are gold, the base of this is flat with some small nuggets of gold spread out and then one has a miniature gold pick axe and the other a miniature gold shovel, the tie clasp has a miniature pan for panning gold. They came from the black hills. The gold is layered sealed with a thick covering of a hard resin. The pictures do them no justice....but I did not see a place to post for cuff links, and you know these would go well with any white shirt and most of these ties being shared here!

ernesto

New in Town
Tootal tie standard quality and Tootal tie deadstock popular quality.
13291736wj.jpg

13291744vf.jpg

img]http://up.picr.de/13291760id.jpg[/img]
Unfortunately the pictures of the label are unclear.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here is the dating for Tootal ties that i have been able to work out so far:

1932 - Standard & Super Qualities
1937 - 4 styles (but not certain of the names)
1938 - Popular and Standard Qualities
1939/1940 - Popular, Standard and Special Qualities
1950 - Popular, Standard, Sports and Special Qualities
1953/1954 - Red, Blue, Green and Black Qualities
1955 - Red, Blue, Green, Grey and Black Qualities.

There is a whole thread dedicated to Tootal products. Search under 'Tootal' in the advanced search, looking just at thread titles, and you should find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara