Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

The Good

Call Me a Cab
That 1950s red wool tie I mentioned a few pages back had arrived. It was listed as 3 inches wide, but it's around 2.75". It looks good, although a little ironing could be done to remove a couple creases. I haven't measured the length yet, although this is certainly the shortest tie I own so far. No matter, I tie it so that the narrow end is further up.

5b38eac8-bfc6-4a58-b78f-5fc63c05acd5_zps93b5d95e.jpg

I also ended up receiving the maroon bow tie with white polka dots, although I still cannot figure out how to properly do it, yet. This is a narrower one too, if it causes it to be tied any differently. Any good instructional videos?

That 1950s red wool tie I mentioned a few pages back had arrived. It was listed as 3 inches wide, but it's around 2.75". It looks good, although a little ironing could be done to remove a couple creases. I haven't measured the length yet, although this is certainly the shortest tie I own so far. No matter, I tie it so that the narrow end is further up.

5b38eac8-bfc6-4a58-b78f-5fc63c05acd5_zps93b5d95e.jpg

I also ended up receiving the maroon bow tie with white polka dots, although I still cannot figure out how to properly do it, yet. This is a narrower one too, if it causes it to be tied any differently. Any good instructional videos?
I think I know just what you need:[video=youtube_share;AEjF-MzzqaE]http://youtu.be/AEjF-MzzqaE[/video]

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here's Grayco End-Lock that I picked up, and also posted on a Facebook group. For those who don't know, the end of the rear blade is inserted into the slot (just below the white tag) on back of the front blade. What makes it special for me is that it was sold in my hometown of Glendale, CA, at the Webb's that used to be on Brand Blvd.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
A couple Goodwill finds from today:

The tag has a 'B' and 'Slip stitched by hand'
SAM_3124_zps288c5b79.jpg

Silk brocade, tag reads 'Hand tailored, Smilock'.
SAM_3125_zps974ccf0c.jpg

I'll just post this one here cuz I'm not on fb
dyraquna.jpg
pe4ubeve.jpg

Found it at the thrifty for 99¢. Hard to tell the colors in the pic, but it's dark purple, like an eggplant, with pink pattern

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy