Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
I forgot how much I hate power steering fluid......

f01a656515f7934ee76927a3d6d9aae8.jpg

My Mach-1 has a manual steering box, it's a fun car to parallel park. (Plus that great rearview that all 71s have)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
On a side note, I noticed my new neighbor has a 57 Nomad. I mentioned I turned down pristine one owner for $500 back in the day, he said, they got a deal on theirs, only $12,000! And theirs needs a lot of work.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
My oldtimer, I've had the Mach-1 since Dec 24, 1980.

I parked it in the garage 20 years ago and recently put it in the shop to get it running again. I learned an expensive lesson letting it sit up too long...
It's due to come home any day now, then it's going to be stripped and repainted . Just got the correct bumper that I regretted changing in '80

It's a 351C, with standard transmission and manual steering, and I added an original ram air set up in 80.

I'm just glad I kept the Mach-1 all these years, though I'm stunned at the changes in the old Mustang hobby. Marti reports, and high prices for the cars. I paid thirteen hundred cash for it back then...Yikes!

My oldtimer, I've had the Mach-1 since Dec 24, 1980.

I parked it in the garage 20 years ago and recently put it in the shop to get it running again. I learned an expensive lesson letting it sit up too long...
It's due to come home any day now, then it's going to be stripped and repainted . Just got the correct bumper that I regretted changing in '80

It's a 351C, with standard transmission and manual steering, and I added an original ram air set up in 80.

I'm just glad I kept the Mach-1 all these years, though I'm stunned at the changes in the old Mustang hobby. Marti reports, and high prices for the cars. I paid thirteen hundred cash for it back then...Yikes!
Wow! You have had it nearly since new!
That ram air you added now costs more than you paid for the whole car. :p
She looks pretty good just as she is.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
The car looks pretty rough today, they don't like sitting up, and not running since 92.

Now that the ram air rig is being reproduced, more 71-73 Mustangs have it now, than Ford built originally.
At least you can get re-production Mach-1 interior door panels now, I remember when you could only get NOS ones for a huge fortune.

I can't believe what the 15" dog dish and trim ring hub caps on my oldtimer are worth, same with the Boss 351 aluminum valve covers, I bought them over the counter at a Ford dealer back in the day. They had to hit me with the shock paddles when I saw the cost online.

When I get the car finished, I hope to be one of those guys kids hate, with a fun car.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Tried to add to my fleet today, but apparently a dealership in town didn't update their inventory.
Jerks...
Then the salesman tried to sell me a few cars outside of the parameters I set. :eusa_doh:
Either way, he didn't make a sale, and I have a line on one in Georgia.
Looks like this. Hey the wife wants it, and who am I to argue?
Now I just have to find one with low miles and not made of gold, or so some dealerships think. [huh]
highlander.jpg

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I drive a 1999 Saab 9-3, second hand. It was my aunts before mine, and she wanted to upgrade, and I was 16 and needed a car.
1040733_183469978529172_666455394_o.jpg

Tried to add to my fleet today, but apparently a dealership in town didn't update their inventory.
Jerks...
Then the salesman tried to sell me a few cars outside of the parameters I set. :eusa_doh:
Either way, he didn't make a sale, and I have a line on one in Georgia.
Looks like this. Hey the wife wants it, and who am I to argue?
Now I just have to find one with low miles and not made of gold, or so some dealerships think. [huh]
View attachment 21343

No hotrod for you then. :p

The car looks pretty rough today, they don't like sitting up, and not running since 92.

Now that the ram air rig is being reproduced, more 71-73 Mustangs have it now, than Ford built originally.
At least you can get re-production Mach-1 interior door panels now, I remember when you could only get NOS ones for a huge fortune.

I can't believe what the 15" dog dish and trim ring hub caps on my oldtimer are worth, same with the Boss 351 aluminum valve covers, I bought them over the counter at a Ford dealer back in the day. They had to hit me with the shock paddles when I saw the cost online.

When I get the car finished, I hope to be one of those guys kids hate, with a fun car.

Yeah, nothing is cheap on those. I have an extra set of hubcaps etc. for mine. You ever know when one is going to fly off. :p

Ain't that the truth.

Right?! Kinda makes you feel bad for the Torino/Ranchero guys, paying Mustang prices for parts.

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters