Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

RIOT

Practically Family
The Wingnut said:
Finally got the motor in my Z swapped. It's obnoxious as hell. Fresh SU carbs, what evidently is a Nissan competition transmission, 3-into-2 header, 'twice pipes' exhaust with straight-through glasspacks. Rumbles, rips, snorts, screams, occasionally breathes fire and squirts around pretty quickly. BIG improvement over the old motor.

Next step is to rebuild the suspension and get some decent wheels and tires on it.

Car looks and sounds great Wingnut. Nice work on the swap! :eusa_clap

How's the timing settings on the engine?

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Not mine, but I sure do wish!

My buddy, Sal, just bought it and was kind enough to let me practice my photography. :eusa_clap

Sals-GT.jpg

Lee

I need a better job. A MUCH better job! lol

up196

A-List Customer
Thanks, guys

Undertaker, very nice . I kinda wanted a touring car, but the sedan is more practical for me.

Dave C., to answer your question about the visor, well yes and no. The 4 door Model As without visors are the "160 Series" which are commonmly called the "slant windshield" models, because the windshield, well, slants back a bit. They came out in April of 1931, with bodies by both Briggs and Murray. The styling hinted at what was coming in the 1932 models.

The 160A was the Standard Sedan, the 160B was the Town Sedan, which hit the market first (like mine, it had a nicer interior and cowl lights) and the 160C was the Deluxe Sedan (it did not have the third side window at the rear).

Prior to the 160s, the 4 door sedans by Briggs had squared window tops and those on the Murrays were arched, like the ones on my car. None of the body parts between the Briggs and Murrays were interchangeale. The bodies and doors were also framed in wood.

With the 160 series, Ford specified all steel construction, no external visor (there were available optional fold down visors, much like those on current cars) and identical components from both manufacturers. The arched window design of the Muray was retained, as is shown on my car, which does have a Briggs body. With the 160s, the only way to tell who made the body is to look on the tag on the firewall under the hood.

The next major change was the introdction of the "indented firewall" around May of 1931. Mine has the older firewall, so it's dated to April/May 1931.

freebird

Practically Family
12368DSC00004_edited-1.jpg

My 88 Chevy, first year for the new style body, that I purchased from my employer. I've added a Pioneer head unit, four 2x4 infinity plates, one 10 inch infinity woofer and a 1000 watt amp. Also have had the windows tinted, dual exhaust installed, a custom mounted ham radio and chevy rallye wheels. It has a 4.3 litre v-6 with a 5 speed stick.

modela001-1.jpg

modela003.jpg

modela004.jpg

This is my best friends Model A. He's built it fromthe ground up. He even made the frame. It's still not quite finished, but I like it.

GWD

One Too Many
Forgotten Man said:
Nice 55! I like the colors, I see too much sea-foam green or red on those cars... that light cream yellow and white is very nice! It looks stock, is she?

Dead Stock! Even the green dash and upholstery! Thanks!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Not sure if...

I've told you guys but, the ol' daily P-15 got painted late last year.

l_8991cb51818e2e40f860b86c1f2e6cfc.jpg

l_8e4d0ca61fe6d3d046188c8c1361ab75.jpg

The color is the original Chevron Blue... it's a pretty darn good match to the original color I'd say.

I went with black wall tires, that's exactly what she'd have come with from the factory. Also, no trim rings were standard... and I'm lookin' for a good pinstriper to repaint the stripes on the rims.

The water bag was a fun touch I thought. lol

GWD

One Too Many
Forgotten Man said:
I've told you guys but, the ol' daily P-15 got painted late last year.

l_8991cb51818e2e40f860b86c1f2e6cfc.jpg

l_8e4d0ca61fe6d3d046188c8c1361ab75.jpg

The color is the original Chevron Blue... it's a pretty darn good match to the original color I'd say.

I went with black wall tires, that's exactly what she'd have come with from the factory. Also, no trim rings were standard... and I'm lookin' for a good pinstriper to repaint the stripes on the rims.

Absolutely Gorgeous!:eusa_clap

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Forgotten Man said:

Very nice, FM. Just wait until you fill the water bag. I've heard from old-timers who;'ve used them that they really worked. :)

I hope to see it at the observatory next weekend. I'd like to get some pictures of it. :)

Lee

MD11

Familiar Face
GWD said:
It has the V8. Thanks!

Wow GWD! That is a one in a million.. and I've been to Barrett Jackson 10 times, so I've seen a few. My dream is a Duesenberg SSJ of course, but that's a close second (oddly tied with a Mercedes 300SL)

Enjoy in good heath!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic