Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

benstephens

Practically Family
Mine are manual wipers with a connector arm. So, so long as my arm does not fail (With the cold it nearly did....) I am fine!

Kindest Regards

Ben

andy richards

Practically Family
That is a nice picture of your Jeep, Ben. Is it a Willy's or a Ford? Great to hear that people still use them for what they are build.

Thanks for the picture too, Matei. Land Rover drivers are certainly part of a special family. Not do the wave at each other, but they also help each other. Whenever I see a Land Rover stranded I will always offer to help. Of course I help others too...during the snow in last couple of weeks I help quite a few people who's car was struck in de snow.

And Tony, I lately heard that Defenders whith an age of 25 years or older are to be road legal in the US. Maybe that is of help to you.

Thumbs up!
Andy

MCPRE

Familiar Face
That is an AWESOME Jeep, I am on my second one, a 98 Sahara, my first one was an 84 CJ7. My first experience with Jeeps was back in the 70's, a friend of mine had an old orange Willy's. He tore it down in his garage, down to parts then rebuilt it. We were taking it off road along the river on a very narrow and rugged grassy trail in the snow, hobb nobbin along when a tree branch came busting right through the windshield just missing my noggin. Lots of fun, I had to have one. lol
Im also the proud owner of a Grand Cherokee, I guess we love our Jeeps!

jsands

New in Town
Vintage cars

My husband and I have recently purchased a 1955 Desoto Fireflite Coronado as a restoration project. It is a nice, solid project starter. I also own a 1960 AMC Rambler Cross-Country wagon which I owned before meeting him. It's my baby.

n1189047841_30127663_8209589.jpg

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
I had to look up the Coronado as I had never heard of it. The Standard Catalog describes it as a "springtime model: a sedan that featured an upgraded interior and three-tone exterior finish treatment." Nice. And the Rambler is pretty hot, too.

jsands

New in Town
Coronado

The Coronado is an exciting aquisition for us. This vehicle, as you said, was a "spring special". It was offered mid-production in 1955. The 55 Desoto was a totally new car that year. Not only did it feature the first wrap-around windshield, but it sported the first tri-tone paint as well. In addition to the upgraded interior, our vehicle also has front and rear AC. Here's a pic for those who aren't familiar with what one looks like. Ours features a turquoise sweep on a white body with a black roof (you could get those 3 specific colors in any combination).

3673244003_d7c843d5e5.jpg

andy richards

Practically Family
Thanks for posting JSands! Great car you own. I like the Rambler a lot, never seen one in real. Two months ago I was travelling trough Texas, wish I had the chance to actually see it.
Good luck with your husbands restauration project. I know what it is to restore a vehicle...did some old Land Rovers in the past...
Cheers,
Andy

jsands

New in Town
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. It's funny that you should mention "my husband's restoration." Actually, I am the car nut in the house. My husband doesn't really know anything about them, so we bought a project to learn together. I managed a tire shop for about 6 years before getting hitched and joining the nomadic life of a US Army wife.

Thanks again for the well wishes! :)

Jessica

jsands

New in Town
I love 57 Desoto's. I used to own 3. They were Firesweep Sportsmans (4 door hardtops). One was a project car, one was a parts car for the project, and the other was a two-tone green gem that had 46K original miles and was in nice daily driver condition. It's a shame that Desoto went out after '61. They had such lovely cars. I always wondered what they would have looked like if they stuck around, especially if Virgil Exner (Chrysler's lead designer, responsible for the "Forward Look" of 1955-1961) would had stayed with the company.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
jsands said:
The Coronado is an exciting aquisition for us. This vehicle, as you said, was a "spring special". It was offered mid-production in 1955. The 55 Desoto was a totally new car that year. Not only did it feature the first wrap-around windshield, but it sported the first tri-tone paint as well. In addition to the upgraded interior, our vehicle also has front and rear AC. Here's a pic for those who aren't familiar with what one looks like. Ours features a turquoise sweep on a white body with a black roof (you could get those 3 specific colors in any combination).

3673244003_d7c843d5e5.jpg

And if her sales pitch didn't work:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kGocOXBPn-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kGocOXBPn-A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Full commercial↓
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrUigmqnV-Q ;)

jsands

New in Town
I like trucks as well. My husband is dying to get a red sidestep to putter around in.

Alas, the Desoto I pictured is merely an example of what a Coronado looks like, and is not my own. They were available in any combination of those 3 colors, and ours is turquoise on white with a black roof. We've just purchased it, and it will be arriving in about 2 weeks. We'll take loads of photos then, and will share once she's been cleaned up. Very excited!! (can you tell?) :D

StraightEight: Those are fantastic photographs! Gorgeous cars, indeed! In my opinion, the best fin that mopar made.

Fallbackdown: Great newport! Got to love those late 60's "barges". If you haven't found it already, a friend of mine runs a GREAT Cbody forum. They've got nice tech threads, are a good bunch of guys. Check out moparfins.com.

MCPRE

Familiar Face
Ive owned a 65 c10 for 5 years now "Uncle Jesse", the best purchase I have ever made. Want to see your pics when you get them up. I owned some beauties over the years, mostly muscle cars but a few nice cruisers. In order of ownership:
63 Impala (from Uncle Pearl) lol , 68 GTO400 :rage: , 68 Catalina (Dads, my first drive was on Daytona beach years earlier at 15 years old), 65 Mustang, 66 Fury :eusa_doh: , 71 Nova :rage: , 70 Econoline - shag carpet and all, 83 AMC Spirit Wagon [huh] , 85 cj7, 70 chevelle :rage: , 71 chevelle, 86 Blazer, 98 Firebird Formula :p , 98 Jeep Sahara (still have), 05 Grand Cherokee also still have. Loved them all, wish I still had them, especially the GTO which I totaled as a senior in high school, my only accident til the 90's. Ive been in 2 accidents in the past 3 years but I was not at fault in any of them.

jsands

New in Town
My first car was a black 72 Dodge Dart. I bought it for $800 from my best friends stepdad, Buck. I drove that car for 9 years until the timing chain broke, shearing off approx 60% of the teeth. It also bent several rods and collapsed 2 lifters. :eek:

Since then, i've owned a 63 Plymouth Belvedere, a 61 Dodge Phoenix, a 61 Olds F-85 Wagon, a 74 Valiant (THE worst car I've ever owned), 3 1957 Desoto Firesweeps, an 83 AMC Eagle, a 60 Rambler wagon (which I still own... it's the pink one pictured above), a 2001 Ford Mustang GT, a 99 Dodge 3500 diesel "duallie", a 99 VW Jetta, and an 05 Grand Prix GTP (our present daily driver).

I miss my truck. I used it for work when I managed a tire shop, and used it to haul parts/cars for myself or friends on my days off. One car I regret never having the pleasure to own was a 2002 WS6. I had to settle for the "mommy version" with my GTP. :)

MCPRE

Familiar Face
I see you had an 83 Eagle, when I first met my wife I was driving my 83 Spirit, she still laughs at me for that one. It was pretty neat though for a little hatchback wagon, I believe it was the last year that they made them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183