Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

jsands

New in Town
I lived in Pa at the time, and it was excellent in the snow. It was a faded blue and wood-grained wagon. I am sure some made fun of that car when I drove it, too, but I had the last laugh when cruising in the winter! lol

I'm trying to find a picture of my 61 Phoenix. My fondest memory was hauling a vintage fridge from a friends to my place in the trunk. The massive unit fit pretty well in there. Ah, the memories. :)

MCPRE

Familiar Face
I scoff at my ol Fury but it was fun to drive, which I did til the tires fell off. I can still smell the interior of that car.:eek:
Lots of room and low to the ground! It too was good in the snow.

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Recent purchases

Recent purchase J7 Peugeot van, driven back from Bude in Cornwall to the Midlands, great trip easy drive, loads of pop & crisps! To be converted back into a camper for the summer holidays.
Samvan1-1.jpg

1929 Peugeot 201 hotrod project, fitted in the back of the transit, just! aching bones from lifting very heavy body.
hotrod1.jpg

hotrod2.jpg

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Lily Amelia said:
After deciding that a 50s American car wouldn't fit on our drive we went for what we thought was the next best thing - a 1966 Volvo Amazon! He may be Swedish but has a bit of retro American styling, enough to keep us happy for now anyway.

I love Amazons, they remind me of baby Chrysler C-300s. Come to think of it, one hardtopped with a Dodge Red Ram would be about perfect.

-Dave

MCPRE

Familiar Face
That camper is saweet, I am from a long line of campers, my whole family still camps together. It all is pretty much my fault, as a boy of 12 I drew a picture of us driving down the highway pulling a camper, resulting in camping across the country, then in my 20's my wife and I got our first camper, a coleman pop-up. Now we all camp on a permanent site on the river in Northern Ohio.
4352137215_f94290ee4b_b.jpg

Me playing one of my instruments
4352883452_4dec20cd94.jpg

With 14" of snow on the ground, Im ready!:rolleyes:

BoPeep

Practically Family
Here are two photos of our projects . . . the 1950 Chevy is my husband's, bought back in college and on the road from March 31st (his birthday) through the first snow. We've put thousands of miles on this thing. Currently runs on a small block 350 but has gone through several engine swaps: drove with the original six for the first summer and more recently a twin-turboed V8. The Chevy is pulling our 1968 Scotty Sportsman camper. I refurbished the interior in '50s retro print cushions and curtains.

1968ScottySportsman.jpg

Finally, our summer project on the docket is this '30 A. We've a rebuilt Flathead (taken out of a '50 Ford shoebox that we recently sold) ready to go. Although we need to do everything on the A from the wood frame on up. But with suicide doors, it is our "family" car and should get finished before the family goes away to college! lol

1930modelA.jpg

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
Widebrim, we need more pics of the fabulous Packard, so we're asking the man who owns one...

Here are some my pal Morgan shot from the back seat of the Buick awhile back. Already got the new cam in, hoping to put the refreshed cylinder head back on this week.

L1020473.jpg

L1020479.jpg

L1020507.jpg

Stoney

Practically Family
GateXC said:

My 2005 Vespa PX-150. 4 speed manual transmission. Looks vintage but without all the hassle. Top speed around 55 mph and I get about 60 mpg driving around NY (tank holds 2.1 gallons) so pretty much fill-up once a week or so for $4.00. Gotta watch the cabs and the Jersey drivers but nothing beats it for around town.

Piaggio stopped making the PX type Vespa, the new ones feature a great deal of plastic in body. :eusa_doh: However, I did just buy a new Stella scooter which is a PX150 in all but name. Genuine Scooters imports these from India, where the original Vespa PX parts were manufactured. These are also sold in Europe as the Star scooter and in NZ as the Belladonna scooter.

Scoot4.jpg

Scoot5.jpg

The hood ornament may be a little over the top, but I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran