Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage (edited from "sap") sappy love letters!

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Do you have any old love letters (not yours) that you can to scan and post, or transcribe? I'm a sucker for sincere sentimentality!

:eek:fftopic: I have some engagements tomorrow through Sunday that will keep me offline so if you need any help feel free to tap any of the friendly FL bartenders, or send me a PM (I will check my box in the evenings.)

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Hah. You're making the assumption that someone actually had real romantic feelings for this old mug. [huh]

Richard

edit: Jeez, that sounds bitter. True ... but bitter.

Kishtu

Practically Family
Dearest Locktown...

Seeing your face has brightened my day.

Oh all right seeing your post has brightened my day. With your avatar. And I'm sure there's the hint of a smile under the shadow of that hat.

That do you for a start? lol

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Oh, you mean sap as in MUSH? Like mushy stuff?
Not me. But I do have some old letters sent to my great grandmother in 1861- 62 that need transcribing. Maybe I'll dig out a few. They don't have much explicit mush, but you can tell there was something under the surface. Sadly, the guy died of "billious fever" (hepatitis) at the age of 20. My great grandmother kept the letters wrapped in a ribbon in a little box the rest of her life.

carter

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
I have no idea what you all are talking about. But if all else fails, you can always PM me a love note. lol

Sap: as in -cosh, blackjack, bludgeon, a roll of quarters in a sock, etc. :eek:

As in - 'a love tap'.
:p

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Oh, you mean sap as in MUSH? Like mushy stuff?
Not me. But I do have some old letters sent to my great grandmother in 1861- 62 that need transcribing. Maybe I'll dig out a few. They don't have much explicit mush, but you can tell there was something under the surface. Sadly, the guy died of "billious fever" (hepatitis) at the age of 20. My great grandmother kept the letters wrapped in a ribbon in a little box the rest of her life.

The fact that she kept them wrapped in ribbon all those years is very sweet. And they needn't be explicitly dripping with mush to be pleasing. :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
Wowza, you fellahs think all violent like! :eusa_doh:

Must be an undue influence by those neanderthal fellas on the tube. :D

Oops...no more tubes these days unless you have a vintage set. :(

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
PrettySquareGal said:
Wowza, you fellahs think all violent like! :eusa_doh:

We just watch a lot of 30's movies. "Straighten up you, or I'll have to put the sap on ya."

A leather-covered hand weapon; a blackjack.

Blackjack-Large-.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was thinking "sap" as in a slapjack or blackjack as well. But, since it's about old love letters, I have a box full of old letters that were written to my great-aunt Ada by her (to be) husband. They date from around 1910 to 1915. None of them are "mushy", but are interesting. I'll have to dig them out and transcribe one or two.

carter

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
Alright alright I changed the thread title to "sappy love letters." :rolleyes: :)

:eusa_clap lol

Originally posted by dhermann1
I'll bet you feel like a real sap now, don't you?
But don't let it sap your strength!

lol lol lol :D

We do not intend to sap...er, undermine this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy